JR 2nd gear mod

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mxmad

Reaction score
hey guys, I knoe most ov u will tell me a jr's not worth touching but its the only mini i got at the moment. Jus seeing if anyone's done the 2nd gear mod to one, apparently theres another gear in there ;) If anyone's done it be4 or got anypics of it being done plz let me knoe
Thanx

i did a google on it and was interested because i wanted to do it. It doesn't make it go faster. The "2nd" gear is higher and "1st" is lower. So like it will go the same speed but the 1st gear will be for up hills when you need higher revs. Not worth the time because a big boy on a jr50 you will have the throttle pined all the time and wont need the extra lower gear! But you can take the baffler, or even beter the whole muffler off and it will add a bit of preformance...

Yeh thats right mad, The mod is actually a first gear mod. Not 2nd gear. What this allows yu to do is alter the sprockets to get more top speed out of 2nd now that you can use 1st.

exaclly. Geez my forks are bent on my jr50, will get pics soon.

yeh i need the lower gear 4 hills n that so i can follow me mates pw80, lol we jus ride our siblings bikes :) . I've taken the muffler off n that helped. Im thinkin bout re-jetting it cause i ride it mainly on the street n its pinned al the tym anyone else done this?

probably not, try a motorbike forum not a pit bike forum. http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3

Hm either way you will have it pinned. Wot mods have u done to ur jr50? i'm welding some bmx bars on mine soon..

lol k, ive got a set ov old bars that'll fit (dunno wat there off) but yeh i dun wanna go doin it up to much cause my 5 year old bro uses it every weekend. But yeh, I juss wanna get a bigger main jet that i can put in wen i wanna go for a ride so its gettin more fuel. i'll ask suzuki next tym im in n let u knoe.

Wats ur msn addy???

Do the second gear mod.Then replace your pipe with a quiet pipe,this is slightly longer,giving more backpressure.This pipe is not as high revving as a full blown power pipe,it creates more bottom and especially mid range power.You won`t need the lower gear.

thats tru harda, good suggestion, but i need the top end power and over rev thats why we pull the muffler/baffal off. a 'quiet' pipe will kill the top end which i need for cruizen the streets :).
Thanks for ur imput ;)

i did it guys, done the mod last nite, works a treat, the first gear u get is really, really low. It will haul my arse (65kg) up a pritty dam steep hill now. Finally i can work on my mono's hahaha. Just cant teach my lil bro to use it cause it'll leave him sittin on his arse.

Latest posts

Back