Jumping My 138cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhz138

Reaction score
hey people

for my DHZ 138.. i got a pair of atomic AX front forks (given to me for free off a mate)

The forks are aboout 2" longer then the stock DHZ ones (which both pissed oil out on the first ride).

To compansate for that 2 inch extra, i have a 3rd pair of tripple clamps which sit about 1" higher then the set of clamps below it.

Now, because i have longer forks, and 7" highrise shit chinese bars, plus a set of high risers.. my hangers sit fair high, Which makes it more like a pushy kind of..

now, about the jumps.. whenever i hit a jump, the front end just lifts like crazy.. my guess is coz my centre of ballance is out of wack and the way im positioned when i hit the jump just sends me skyrocketing upward.. allways landing on my rear wheel.. (guna flip it one day ehh)

I plan on getting a pair of marzocchi forks.. and a pair of pro taper bars 7" rise.. after this is done my bars will sit about 2" lower, will that aid in me hopefully not flipping every time i hit a jump.. ???

prob, but for now just push the forks about 2" through the top of the top triple clamp. It will lower the front by as much as you push them through.

Try tapping the rear brake slowing the rear wheel from spinning so much. Remember though you could nose dive you will work it out. Thought the high bars can't help to much.
Hope it helps

Back