Junior Motard

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hilli32

2014 VCM A Grade Champion
Reaction score
hey guys just been thinking about motors and im really keen on wanting to get into motard full on. so would i be able to legally race a 143cc in the junior 140 class??? :) :action-smiley-003:

Dont think there is a 140cc class. under 160cc or 85cc 2stroke.

If you get bitten by the motard bug you will upgrade ASAP!

are you sure i was down at warrnambool 2 weeks back and i was riding in the 140 class and apparently that is the max capacity for juniors under 16 im 14

Yes you are right. juniors last time i read the rule book (which i cant find now) said juniors under 16yr are 140cc 4-stroke and for some reason 85cc 2 stroke.

Then that is divided into 2 with both of chinese make, and the other class of anything make.

i was the one on the black pocket bike that won the senior all in King race.

so will it be ok to race a 143cc BTW i was the one on the orange thing in the juniors out front :)

Check with Chris Jones as he is the MA representative for minimoto. The engine capacity limits are set and there is no provision for a 5% or even a 1% over capacity allowance. I can't remember off the top of my head what rule number but it is stated in the manual of motorcycle sport issed by MA each year.
I think you will find that the yx 160 is allowed as is is maketed as a 160cc engine, how ever be careful with a 143 bbk as it is known exactly what the capacity is.
I personally would be sticking to a Zongshen 140 modified with a head and piston. It won the nationals, and I would go as far to say that it would be more reliable than a big bore kit on a 125.

Found it:

Seniors - 4 stroke up to 160cc auto or manual or 2 stroke up to 85cc auto or manual (as per MA 2011 rule book 15.21.6.1)
Juniors age 9 to under 13, 4 stroke up to 125cc auto or manual or 2 stroke 85cc auto or manual (as per MA 2011 rule book 15.21.8.1)
Juniors age 13 to under 16, 4 stroke up to 140cc auto or manual or 2 stroke 85cc auto or manual (as per MA 2011 rule book 15.21.8.2)

I think juniors 9-13 should read 65cc two stroke but don't count me on it!!!

Latest posts

Back