Just a few questions on brakes and lights.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iRide4life

Reaction score
Hi, i know there are already tutorial for bleeding brakes but they are in video form and i am in dialup so if you could post one that would be great.

ill write more later i gtg. thnx

well as far as where everything is located its all a little different but quite easy, fill up the resivior(the container with min and max line and close it). there is a screw probably with a rubber cap on the break piston housing(breather screw). the point of bleeding breaks is you wanna get there air out of the system so they opperate correctly, so what you do is pump up the breaks, while holding the lever down, have someone loosen that screw just a few turns you will either see oil come out or a combination of oil and air bubbles, dont let off the break lever, if you do you suck air back into the system, tighten back down the breather bolt, add some more break fluid, and do it all again, if you had your breaks appart you may have got a good bit of air trapped, so it may take a few times, also if you still are lacking a good breaking grab, look for a higher point on the break system, may have air trapped in the top of the plunger attached to the break petal for instance. then you have loosen the top of the plunger to get the air out. I hope this helps, did it from memory, also a very easy way to spread your break bad pistons apart to install new pads, is to open the bleeder then push them apart, then again this is also how you get air in the system in the first place =]

i can rewrite this later in a nice format but let me know if it makes sense

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back