Just another performance mods thread.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tysons_201

Reaction score
I have decided on getting a big bore kit, a 138cc kit+ which requires me to bore the head. Also will be getting a performance cam, and some heavy duty clutch springs. I'm not sure how much these mods cost but i'm pretty sure it will all add up to under $300.
So heres my list so far:
- 138cc+ big bore kit with high compression piston $120?? Performance gain - 20%+?
- Performance cam $120?? Performance gain - 10%+?
- Heavy duty clutch springs $30?? Performance gain - less clutch slip

Also was thinking about an inner rotor kit which is also meant to be a good mod but havent been able to find it for a good price.
- Inner rotor kit - $400? Performance gain - 10%?

Where would the best place to buy all this stuff from at the best price?
And can someone give me the approximate performance gains for each mod eg 15-20% gain, as mine are only a guess.

If your going to go big bore and performance cam i would definantly get a porting job, or have a go yourself... if you got a dremel its pretty easy.

I think you might be realistically paying a lil more for the cam and possibly piston/boring. Then you have to pay for all the work unless you are doing it yourself. If your changing clutch springs you will need clutch cover gasket, aswell as head gasket and a few others.

Just remember most prices you see on the net are US$, current conversion is around AU$1->US$0.7

Bike should rip when your done ;-)

yeah i got prices from ozminis.com so they are AUD. Don't have a dremel so will probably leave the porting job for later.

Im thinking about selling my ducar head, ported, polished, big valves. Let me know if your interested, give me a day or two to decide first tho.

But definantly get porting done...

Not sure whether the ducar head would fit on the lifan? I think id prefer to port my own head.

lol, porting the head that came with your bike is a good idea. trust me... i know! lol

lol yeah i have read your threads and don't want to have the same trouble

lol. She will be running soon! for how long i dont know, but if theres a gain in power i will be happy haha.

worst comes to worst i buy a lifan and work that.

leave it standard!!!

dont waist ur money on these things... only time you should spend money is when it shits itself than you bore it

Some people (like me) want more power and we want power NOW! not when it blows up!

you want power now?

$100 + ebay search = nos at ur door this week lol.

But really, theres alot you can do to these bikes to get some reasonable performance gains. Mass production of these chinese bikes means theres very little attension to detail. Cleaning up the ports, matching the manifolds and jetting will get your bike going alot harder than a stock bike.

just remember this is MY point of veiw, i wouldnt spend money that does not need to be spent unless it were on something worth it like a genuine thump or a jap or american brand bike

Latest posts

Back