Just bought a bike!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farnk

Reaction score
G'day everyone,

I've just purchased one of these 250 'moto-x' bikes, I'm interested in hearing from anyone who has any information or has owned one. Any tricks or things to look out for?

thanks

f

Attachments

• m250side.JPG
    m250side.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 92
it probably would have been smart to ask this before you bought it. but any way it looks pretty cool

hi farnk, i've got an atomik 250 and my mate has one as well. change the air filter box to a pod filter or something better than whats on it now, take the chain adjusters out and replace the bolt thread that the nuts adjust on, change them to thicker thread. you will have to drill the red thingy that the bolts go into to suit the new bolts, these will bend and strip if not replaced,also put 4 nuts on instead of two each side. change your handlebars (does'nt have to be straight away and if your using your battery it will probably leak mine does and a lot of other poeple's as well but i'm not to sure on what to do about that yet. let me know if you have any probs

yo ive gota atomik 250 aswell,just run-in just wondering how much oil did u guys put in after service,my sight levels different to dipstick i assume 800~ml??? also wat size pod filter did u put on kracks? i dont like the air boxs either

oh also how did u run-in your bike,i did motomans "run it hard" theory onto my 3rd tank and puttin around then thrash every gear then putt for a while then trash etc?

Thanks heaps!
I looked into all of the Chinese 250's and this one looked to be the best compromise for features and price.
I'll sort out those mods when the crate arrives.

When I've run in engines in the past, I've always made sure that I've varied throttle position and given it full throttle a few times in the first hour or so.
A mechanic mate told me that it helps to seat the rings well.

Then it's gradually increasing revs and load from then. After a few hundred Km's, then I drop the oil.

hey lo-cou throw the air box in the bin. just get a pod filter cut the right sized pvc pipe, cut the rubber hoseing that used to go into the air box(measure it up cut it to size and clamp it up) i use 1ltr of oil. yeah bro i used motomans theory as well works fine for me

I 'm liking that style, how much are they? Do they go as well as they look?

Haven't had a lot of time so far to go riding, just a few quick rides.
Nothing has fallen off or broken, it's looking OK.

Goes very well, plenty of grunt for me atm.
Hopefully I'll get away this weekend and give it a good workout.

Oh, Squeeby, the thing cost me $1200.
f

1st run report

Well, just back from a great day at a mate's farm an hour north of melb.
Spent the day paddock bashing, chasing cattle, some mild to roughish trails along the creek and general stuff in the mud and dirt.

Chased the young bloke around on his quad, BBQ for lunch and a beer or two.
Just doesn't get better than that.

The bike went really well, this has been it's first proper run and the only issue to report was a lost bolt holding on one of the sidecovers. Motor is sweet, gearbox shift was very tight to start with, but loosened up after 5-10 minutes.

Bloody loud tho!

f:)

Latest posts

Back