Just bought bike, makes a pff noise

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

throtl

Reaction score
Just bought a bike, ducar engine. Sometimes, and iv heard it 3 times on my ride today when I ease back off (loosen up) on throttle, its made a pff kind of noice. Anyone else experience this or know what it is. Hope its not serious.

have you unblocked the crankcase breather hose? (it hangs down the back of the gearbox)

The hose is usually crimped off to stop oil leaking during shipping... if you don't unblock it you'll blow oil seals out...

Just bought a bike, ducar engine. Sometimes, and iv heard it 3 times on my ride today when I ease back off (loosen up) on throttle, its made a pff kind of noice. Anyone else experience this or know what it is. Hope its not serious.

Sounds like youve got some mild backfiring going on. Firstly check exhaust manifold gasket, make sure is tight and well sealed. If not you need to find you air/fuel mixture screw on your carby and turn it 1/8th at a time counter clockwise then test and if still persisting continue with the 1/8th turn etc. Doing this is leaning your low to mid thus eliminating your backfiring.

Prehaps you have a Blow Of Valve?? :D ROFL...

Sorry didnt really help but couldnt resist:p

its pretty normal my bike did it when it was new they all get over it after a couple of rides

Sounds like youve got some mild backfiring going on. Firstly check exhaust manifold gasket, make sure is tight and well sealed. If not you need to find you air/fuel mixture screw on your carby and turn it 1/8th at a time counter clockwise then test and if still persisting continue with the 1/8th turn etc. Doing this is leaning your low to mid thus eliminating your backfiring.

Sounds about right :)

can you tell if the sound is coming from the exhaust or from the front of the bike ? The 29s make a pff sound from the carb ( you can hear it coming through the filter when you let off the gas )

Latest posts

Back