just had a complaint!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well all ,, the law in N.S.W is that you can ride at home from 7 am /8pm MON/SATDAY ,sunday 8am/7pm ,,if the cops come and the bike is going they can tell you to ( 1 ) stop ( 2) give you a on the spot noise fine ,, that you can get kick out of court in 2 sec flat :) (3) cops can not judge noise levels ,, (4) it is the legal obligation of the complainter 2 pay 2 test 4 and proof that the level of noise is over the limits in the court of law ! (5) if the cops take your bike they are tressparting and stealing ! :) ,, this all comes from the www.nsw.law.com.au 28/1/08 site is update every 1 week :)

Last edited:
tell the old blank to go and black himself with his mums black

or if you wanna say it nicely tell him to go home and disapoint his wife

hope that helps ha ha ha

lol i had to learn not to even start the bike in my yard
people next door are neighborhood watch and there son is a cop
they were going to get a petition going to get us kicked out
anthony(lifan_1p55) his neighbours dont care he has a track around his house
we were going at it for like 1/2 hour today just fully pinned sliding around on the grass on tard tyres
honestly i wouldnt bother some peoiple are just complete assholes and hate kids
u just have to live and learn really

nah , im gunna go have a talk to him
see if i can arrange 15 minutes a day that i can ride.
or if he would rather the lawn mower going full blast for 4 hours every saturday and sunday afternoon in his corner of my backyard.

lol

nah , im gunna go have a talk to him
see if i can arrange 15 minutes a day that i can ride.
or if he would rather the lawn mower going full blast for 4 hours every saturday and sunday afternoon in his corner of my backyard.

lol

Just stop having good clean fun on your bike and take up street crime I hear smoking crack is also good.;)

But one thing how big is your yard? I sometimes ride at a track on 15 or so acres and the nearest neighbour is 2-300 meters away and they still call the police. Some people have nothing better to do but having said that if your smashing around a small yard in suburbia, well time to silence your bike.

start ya lawnmower up and then ride ya bike then they think ya mowing the lawn.

man the first thing you should do is is go and check out you local by laws on the issue
in the monash council you can use an internal conbustion engine with a sound output of 100db or somthing of the like and nobody can do anything about it
but if you go out of those hours then the rules will be inforced
so jump on the net print out the by laws a few times and hand it to the old bloke if he doesn't read it (sit there and make him read it) put a copy in his letter box every day for a couple of weeks
now if you rid 7 days a week for 8 hrs a day then i would be fairly pieved to but i am a reasonable person

good luck

I ride my mini everyday in my driveway. my neighbour next door though complains to council about my dads business and our family doing illegal activities and us driving a 650cc quad. a 225cc bike and a 125cc bike at once having races on our driveway. the council guy who came to my house said that you can ride your bike till 9.00pm everynight. Also he was an ex coppa. and he told me that you can pretty much do what you want. My neighbour now wants to take us to court ova a light. By the way she's A SLOICITOR. she came ova to my house and my dad told her to GET F"ED. biggest B"@#%T. ever. Cops will just give you a slap on the wrist the first time. next time report you i think. but you wont get told off if you ride it for like 5 minutes.

Riding for like 10 minutes a day is a bit unfair for us riders. our bikes take that long just to warm up lol

I guess its ok for me because since my bike is quiet my brother just rides around the Thumpstar and if the cops come we just say we were riding the honda haha

all this we should only ride for 10 mins a day blah blah is complete bs guys i meen cmon!!! screw the old bastards and solicitior bitches, start up the ole pitty fang past there house a few times and buzz off somewhere else, if u get dun by cops stop shut off the bike and say this is ur first time being done and the bike is new, if they ask why it looks old say u brought it of a mate for 500 and they normally just tell you to go home i have done it 3 times now hahahaha, screw all the motie haters they can all die in hell

thank you! haha

my quad is very loud. louder than a 2 stroke. you can hear it from about 200 metres away at this property we drive it at and it goes hard. if you ever buy a quad buy a bombardier ds650. the best quad and quickest stock quad you can buy on the market. plus you can piss of your neighbours

OK, I'll weigh into this discussion.

The best thing you can do is be civil. Telling anyone to fuck off or goading them to call the cops isn't going to win you any friends. If the neighbour is elderly then they are probably scared of you. They get kids telling them to fuck off (ever done that?), intimidating their fragility or just being plain obnoxious.

Now, if the neighbour constantly calls the cops they aren't going to be pissed with him (as claimed by someone in this thread),they are going to be pissed at you. The police will hound YOU, if you're not home, they'll quiz your parents, they'll knock on YOUR door at 3am to question you, they'll call your phone at all hours, you might get an invite to the station to answer some questions, you'll get pulled into a station for questioning over "incidents" in the area....and so on. All 100% legal and standard operating procedure. Get the idea?

Police aren't all bastards, they are doing a job like anyone else except people want to shoot them. If your house was being ransacked, wouldn't you like them there quick to catch the theiving pricks? Well guess what, if you are known to them as being a little shit your priority on their response goes way down the list.

Now how do I recommend you handle the situation?

• Approach the neighbour and apologise for getting off-side to start with. Saying sorry is free and will win you brownie points.
  • Explain to them that you need to run the bike in your yard because there is no local venue (if there is, the WTF are you riding at home for?) and agree to time curfiews (1/2 hour sessions seem fair).
  • Whack a silencer on you pipe. you're not going for world records so being quiet won't kill you.
  • Contact your local police and get 100% clarity on what legal rights you have, they are there to help too. Council's generally offer little or no help on matters like this.

DON'T run the bike at full tilt next to their windows or act like a prick to them. Call them what you want behind their back.

Your neighbours can be the best security, particularly the elderly. They are home most of the day and see most of what goes on in the area.

my 2c worth.. flame on

to be riding legally you need to be 500 meters away from ANY house.. if you not then BANG cops can own you XD, thats if they can catch you..

riding out the back paddock is the bomb case they have to walk down from the road a good 250meters so you see em coming you boot it =D they only bad things is everyone in the neighborhood and i think the cops know where we live.. hmmm gotta keep it sly =P

just dont piss ppl off and youll be right =) and yeh if the cops catch you they are gunna have something to say so you gotta way up the odds of taking a runner XD

well where i ride. its 99 acres and its like a couple hundred metres from next house and no cops have ever come into the property to tell us off and there is a keypad gate so that cant really get in. we have like 3 loud bikes and quads going at once and neighbours dont give a shit

if they didn't want us to ride, piss off some, impress some and be joined by some then they wouldn't have invented pittys

yeh but im assuming that block is out in the bush out whoop whoop somewhere

Latest posts

Back