Jut Wondering About Archerfield

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

werdhouse

Reaction score
G'day all i'm new to brisbane and have been looking to get into minimotards..
i have a 50cc pocket bike which is real fun but im looking to step it up a bit.
I was lucky enough to check out last saturdays practice at archerfield and really enjoyed seeing the motards going around.. just wondering what kind of bikes you guys are running and what restrictions and regulations apply to practice and racing.. the bikes looked and sounded absolutely mad and the guys riding knew what they were doing... so yeah basically i want it on it.. whats the best starting point for me??
cheers lads
pat

i cant help you here but i can point you to ppl who can

squeeby

no_crf_here

b oth motard nutz and both were there the day you were i think?

wicked fun and when i cool down a bit ill get ther ,look forward to seeing you there ,1 of those 2 should drop in here or better yet send them a pm and they will be more than happy to fill you in on the mofart << action

cheers

cheers man im pretty sure i sure squeeby and some other dudes with a white van with a big fox sticker..
i will harass them next saturday probly
werd

Riding was squeeby, no_crf50_here and myself
I know who you are now, was wondering who you were when you were hanging around on saturday, should have come and said hello.

Regulations are pretty relaxed, bikes are limited to 140cc for racing although that may have been changed to allow for the 150's. 250cc is out for racing as far as I know. Practice is pretty much anything goes, some have come out on knobby tyres to make sure they like it and have had no issues.

For yourself you will need a helmet (and goggles / sunnies if dirt helmet) gloves, bike jacket and jeans. I think if you are really pushed with what gear you have you can get away with just a normal jacket and elbow & knee guards however the better the gear the less hurt you get if you come off.

Do you have a pitbike yet or are you shopping around for one at the moment ?

g'day spoon thanks for replying.. i was gonna say hello but i kind of had a big night and was feeling quite under the weather lol.. im yet to source a pitbike yet, not sure about what i want to spend, what size etc..
i almost payed 2g for motovert rx to ride on the road as well but i think common sense prevailed. i think i would like to keep my small bikes small and big bikes big. anyway i was wondering if you had any reccomendations? .. there seems to be alot of bikes out there and alot of keyboard warriors to go with them..
im looking to start riding the practice days... not real fussy about the racing side of things.. my mate has 250cc from market direct that he wants to sell..
asking about a grand.. would i be better off looking for a 140cc

anyway mate nice to chat and hopefully i can make it this saturday to check out your bikes a bit closer up.

o s#*t is ther a 140cc limit i just built a mini motard with a 146cc in it will that be ok.o wate they wont know any way it looks like a standed 140 until u start it up any way i would like 2 practic at archy and was wondering how the practice days work can u go on when ever u whant or is ther like heats i race dirt at litton so im new 2 motard.

some pics from saturday incase you missed them
http://www.miniriders.com.au/forum/general-chat/19987-i-would-just-like-say.html

bike wise I would be looking at a crf50 or klx110 size, the 250cc ones are normally a bit bigger and would be a major disadvantage at archerfield.

A quick look at market direct and its either a full size one or this one Wholesaler and Importer Brisbane :: Market Direct :: Sales direct to public that looks to have some crazy rake on the front.

Bike depends on your money, more you can spend at the start the better normally but you can still get in and have fun on a cheap bike.
MSO are currently doing a special on the 140s (saw it just before in sponsors offers) also stuff like the pitpro's and dhz bikes that are normally a good starting point at the cheaper end of the scale.

Depending on what road riding experience you have, how much money you have and how serious / competitive you are will dictate what bike you should get.

Have a think and post back, I don't think I will be at the track this weekend but may be the next. If you want more info on your bike choice and such you can pm me your msn addy and I can add you and have a chat.

practice is every saturday from 8am (may not get on the track till 9 tho) till 1pm
Cost is $20 and everyone is grouped eg junior pockets, senior pockets, karts and tards. Everyone takes it in turns in 10-15min sessions. This means you ride for 15min, talk shit for 45min then go ride again.......

I don't think they would notice / care about your 146cc in racing. Practice like I said its open to whatever, aslong as you think you can make it around the track they will let ya normally.

if i wore like mx clothes with nee/elbow gaurds would they let me ride

shhh
no body got hurt or fell off, just an unplanned departure from the bike :p
even with that it was still fun

so i havent riden motard before i ride dirt and now have a motard i built and whant to practice at archi what groop would i be in the bike is really fast but like i said im new 2 motard would i be put in the top group or in the kids group (the slowgroup)lol i dont whant 2 race just yet just whant 2 practice and not get pushed or hold the fast guys up.:)

for practice there is only 1 group for motard normally
tops out at about 6 people and normally around the 3-4 mark
just use the basic track rules of hold your line and the fast guys will get around you, if you run blocking moves they will no doubt come have words with you in the pits.

If you see me come say hello, white hiace van with a big fox sticker on the side and masterspoon written on the numberboards of the bike.

i should be out there next weekend. all u realy need is ur bike with motard tyres and thats it. and gear usualy just leather jacket knee and elbow guards.

well last time i was out there they were trying to run everyone in two groups kid and adults. it was just stupid but havnt been out there in a long time. and even the kids on motard bikes are fast and can get amongst the adults

Last edited:
dont worry im selling the tard i just built need the money just built new bush bike im more off a dirt person so the tards 4 sale in our shop.:)

Latest posts

Back