K and N airfilter

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bennyxt

Reaction score
i have 2 160cc assassin bikes and was wondering where i can buy these filters with out paying the expensive Australian price ??? ?

did u buy your bikes from crazy pocket bikes in tarren point ? if you did they sell k&N filters there

did u buy your bikes from crazy pocket bikes in tarren point ? if you did they sell k&N filters there

yeah i did , but at 58 dollars each im not goin to pay that !! my car k and n was cheaper then that

What kind of riding are you doing?

The K&N paper filers are great for riding motard inthe dry as well as the single paper and foam takegawa filters but both of these are horrible for dirty, wet, and dusty conditions. For that look towards a 'Uni filter or the tbParts foam filters. they work best at protecting your engine from dirt and grit and provide the best breathing capabilities for performance.

i've got a K&N on my YZ250
t_1965_02.jpg
& i can tell you its the greatest thing

The K&N paper filers are great for riding motard inthe dry as well as the single paper and foam takegawa filters but both of these are horrible for dirty, wet, and dusty conditions. For that look towards a 'Uni filter or the tbParts foam filters. they work best at protecting your engine from dirt and grit and provide the best breathing capabilities for performance.

x2... stay away from k n for dirt riding:bolt:

not tryin to shut you down or question your experiences, but its a pretty well known fact that k & N filters are widely used in the off road buggie/4x4 scene. just get a filter sock for it to keep the wet crap off.

edit: and speedway, heaps of mud there.

Last edited:
i ride in the worst dust around & in the sand..... & my airbox & carby are way cleaner than when i was using a uni

Hmm..... Hillz that is on a big bike, and I've seen plenty of K&N filters in big bikes with airboxes and they do work fantastic.
But the K&N filters that clip on to the carb on a china bike are exposed with no airbox and are just plain crap when exposed to the elements. Banging one in an LXR airbox would be a bit different story too.
I don't hate K&N I actually use thier air and oil filters in my car as they are good products. but I think for a pitty application there are better products around.

Latest posts

Back