keihen replica pe28 carb issue

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gstarr

Reaction score
Gday, don't really use this forum much so not sure if im posting in the right place anywho.. i have a pitbike with a z160ho pitster engine (stock)with a akunar exhaust, just recently baught a keihen pe28 carb http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/22101940...NX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_1420wt_906 .. i have put her on my engine but cant seem to get it running.. does anyone know how many turns out i should have the fuel mixture screww and the idle screw (one with the yellow knob thing) as i have played around with both and i think i may have it all completly wrong.. lol sorry if im a noob PLEASE HELP!

also when i spray abit of 'start yah basterd' into the intake it fires up so i know its not a killswitch or electrical issue.. :)

the yellow knob thing is your idle adjustment the little brass flathead screw is the mixture screw start off at 1.5 turns out.

god knows what jets are in it but id say 36 pilot 100 main would be a good start

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but its one of the worst replicas I've seen so all in all it could just be a paper weight ....

If all else fails and you cant get it to work try giving it a good clean ... pull it apart and clean all the jets and openings and blow out with compressed air ... check float height it should be around 16mm

If it still has no life go buy an oko 26mm flatside for $100

Last edited:
ok thanks.. what do you mean by paper weight?... would i be better with a oko 26 or 28mm? i plan to do mods to the engine in the near future. thanks

Last edited:
Paper weight= an object that holds notes and paperwork on ones desk to prevent the fan from blowing it away. Basically it may only be good for purposes not intended by the supplier.

hahaha, rightio i think at this point i wont run the pe28 ill be best buying a oko 26mm very soon ! thanks for the heads up and advice fellas much appreciated!

No problem mate happy to help .... the OKO 26mm has been a proven budget performance carby for the z160's if you buy it through DHZ they come pretty much setup with 36/100 jetting ... just bolt it up and set the mixture screw at 1.5 turns out as a base setting and go from there.

Its a good cheap way to get extra grunt from those engines with minimal fuss

hahaha, rightio i think at this point i wont run the pe28 ill be best buying a oko 26mm very soon ! thanks for the heads up and advice fellas much appreciated!
yeah the oko is a good performance carb for the 160 for sure mate, the only thing to setup maybe trying different settings on the slide needle, c-clip on the bottom notch is richest and c-clip on the top notch is leanest, usually start at the middle setting and try going one down and re tuneing, these engines run better being a tad richer from my experience mate.

Latest posts

Back