keihin 28mm Flatslide carb

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryan12590

Reaction score
hi just wondering if its worth buying a flatslide 28mm keihin carb for my engine its a lifan 125cc all up engine which im fully porting(using the porting post) and adding gsxr reground valves and heavy duty valve springs also new cam, hc piston and inner rotor kit.

No i think it would be an overkill, maybe if you had some work done such as Bore kit, HC piston, porting then it might be beneficial.

Ive just ordered one of those carbys, the advantage is better adjustment and able to run harder at higher revs. The down fall is over fueling of the bottom. All depends on how you jet it.

considering im going to do all that work to my bike it sounds like the pros out do the cons i think ill go and pick myself one up thanks

sounds good man. let us know how you get on with it.

I still think it will be too big. A flatslide will flow much more than a oval bore mikuni. You're not really going from 25mm to 28mm; its like going from a 24mm Mikuni to a 30mm Mikuni. I think a 26mm flatslide would be more than enough and only if you do the mods you plan....JMO

ok i seem to be getting mixed responses, i can only get a 28 mm flatslide if i could get a 26mm or smaller for cheap i would i might just hold off a while and ask a few more people.

no one makes a 26mm flat slide... you can always see what 125 4 stroke dirtbikes use... or even the new crf150.... might be the go

Latest posts

Back