Kickass day at QMP today

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastMarty

Reaction score
Hey all... Just thought I'd skite a little about my awesome day out at QMP. Headed out early morning to get there right on the skool bell of 8.30. Signed up and geared up, and headed out to do a warmup lap of the novice Enduro loop. The only smoothish and fun trail that I've done on the mini, that I don't mind riding as it doesn't flog out the bike.

Happy with the warmup , head straight to the Junior MX track with only 2 kids on it, I get to cut some good laps and get a good rhythm happening.. well sort of...NOT. My goal to start clearing the table tops, was not going well, as the track was real hard pack and slippy as! Had an awesome little film of dust over it and was horrid, not to mention, my Marzocchi's had decided to give me no rebound damping and the front was sketchy as ... so after I lost the front, washing out on me round one of the berms, doing one of my famous star fishes off the side of the bike... I decided to tweak the forks up a bit. Maxed out the Rebound and went straight back down. Awesome.

Track was still sketchy and well slippy, but just pushed the bars down harder and sat up on the side of the bike more, and started speedway stylin' it and got back in a rhythm. So my second moto I concentrated on the jumps and started clearing them, except for the one with the kicker approach. Dammit, I just can't clear that thing.

bla bla blah.... more riding and fun!

Then They close MX 2 and the kids and I head up there for some grown up track action! Started working on my style and jumping, and started getting good air of the big jumps. So much fun! I hate the Doubles...I'm so petrified of them! hehehehe. I'm always scared I'm going to Case the second jump. Towards the end of my MX 2 Moto, I tried jumping the doubles but landing off to the side of the track to guage it... I was right. I was so going to case it! hehehehe

Anyways, had some good racing actually with to older kids on CRF 150's or 230's can't tell, they were pretty good jumpers (where I sucked) but I always caught them up and passed them in the corners... awesome fun!

Loved it. Had a wicked day, just wished there were more mini's out there! I was the only one!

Needless to say... QMP is great fun on the mini. It would be better to have more time on the big tracks, but for me at the mo... i'm happy learning and getting faster on the Junior MX track. I'm starting to get pretty decent at it... and being able to swap lines to pass the kids clean and try not to cover them in roost, (but I so like doing that... ) hehehe
Anyways, nuff prattle... off to clean the LXR now... Wish I had some pics, but sorry guys, I don't.

Sounds like a wicked day mate i should come up and ride with soon haha
have you tried riding the arena cross track?
and what boots are you wearing?
haha sorry for all the questions but do they say to you at all that your not aloud on the juniour mx track?

Hey mate, I have full mx boots. And no I haven't tried any other tracks at qmp . They only let u on the junior mx and on mx2 at lunch time when they close it to big bikes. Shame... I'd like to try all of them...

mx 1 would be ok on a midsize the step up is clearable of you were reving out haha. i hit it 3rd pinned on the rmz

I would have thought they would let you on every were on a lxr/midsize when im out there i go every where on my crf150rb and they font care...arena cross is so funny!

Actually I don't know if I could go on the other tracks on the lxr @ qmp..... I've never asked. I just don't want to get run oover till I get better... I imagine if you can keep up a good pace they wouldn't care ...

Yeah, I see heaps of kids on 85's and CRF 150's etc... I friggen had two of them fly over the top of me on the MX2 track in the air! Smart asses! hehehehe. I'm sure there's no probs with the Midi's on the MX tracks, i'm just too sucky to not get nailed by another rider. ;)

Latest posts

Back