kickstarter

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sik-pj

Reaction score
South Morang Pit Bike Track In The Space Ship
hi all

on my pitpro 125cc rr i went for a ride like for 5min down the road and came back let it sit for about 10mins went to kick start with my hand and and it was soft tryed again and it was hard. its starts fine. i rang motoshop up and he said that it was something to do with the clucth pulling to hard is that right?

i am not too sure about that mate. i do know that when your motor spins over and just happens to stop at top dead centre it is harder to kick over than normal, to get out of this i normally roll forward on my bike a little and it gets rid of that problem but i dont know why your clutch would have any effect to kicking your motor over, if it didnt engage properly it would make it more difficult but then if this was the case the bike would jump forward when you kick it over. did this happen?? i think the dude is trying to cover his ass and look further into the problem when he gets his hands onto it.

BTW there is no such thing as a clutch that pulls too hard, the fact remains that once the cutch is engaged thats it. no more pull can come from a clutch, you can try but in effect it will do nothing.

hope this helps mate.

Cheers, Tony.

my pitpro110 is very hard to kick down but it starts very easy i think its just hard cause of compression but im not sure

Sounds like it was more compression, you would have been moving the piston on the down compression stroke and then when it was hard the piston was coming back up , thus higher compression,

But it should have 1Litre of oil...

adobeuserar8.gif

driftbarpg2.png

Last edited:
mate, just sounds like your getting non compression stroke, then the compression stroke. fairly normal after everything has run in smoothly.

Theres probably a bit of oil still in the engine also, i usually get 600 or so out during oil change. ;)

oil volume wont have any affect! besides it stopping complettly... i would say something like the piston was in a different place... it might have been up close to the spark when it was easy and further away from it when it was hard to kick

I can turn a motor on a down stroke over by hand , but when its coming upto TDC no way in hell i can turn it over with my hand...

adobeuserar8.gif

driftbarpg2.png

The reason why you fellas arent getting enough oil out is you have to warm the bike up first then cut the engine and remove the bolt straight away and once it stops draining rock the bike side to side and another 200-300ml should come out which makes up a litre.

Or another reason is you may have dropped the bike and some oil has drained out the case breather tube on the rear of the motor.

dropping the bike wouldnt account for 200 - 300ml. maybe they just didnt put enough in, chances are these arent filled by hand rather by a machine, or even if it were done by man it could just be an honest mistake. regardless of how this happened the dip stick doesnt lie and if there were another 200 - 300ml in the engine it would show on the dipstick after pj had added the other litre of oil, it would come to 1.3 liters and thus be showing as too much on the dipstick, this isnt the case and so their musnt have been the full 900ml from stock standard.

glad to hear you have got your problem sorted mate, happy riding.

Cheers, Tony.

I can't believe anyone would kick over a chinese bike without checking the oil. Mine only had about 500ml when it arrived.

Latest posts

Back