KLX Style Frame

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice bike mate .

If you were referring to the ttr110 style plastics . they are not a bolt on fit .

But anything is possible . just letting ya no .

Yea, I was wondering what might be involved in fitting the TTR style plastics, anybody tried it? The only place I have seen them available to buy is from Pitster Pro's website.

Nar noone has tried it as far as i no .

Thump on here wanted to try it but hasnt got around to it..

i got the lxr that has the ttr110 style plastics on it , and there alot differet to crf style ..
but you got klx style? i dont have any klx style bikes here to compare them to but here is a picture comparing crf/ttr style. give you an idea of how the rear is setup. the front shrouds are pretty straight foward

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn312/wogtaz/01102009020.jpg

Started some work on the frame today.

This is the side I haven't done, and how the side in the next pic started out.

bike2.jpg

After much sanding and polishing its nearly there.

bike1.jpg

The process starts with a 'Flap wheel' on a drill. You need to be carefull not to be to harsh with it though as you will end up with deep scratches that take a lot of sanding out..

Next it is rubed back progressively with 240, 400, 600, 800 and finally 1200 wet and dry paper.

Once its smooth as a babys bum, it gets a go with some metal polish and a buff. This has been done 3 times sofar.

Im supprised at the quality of the alloy in these frames with no sign of porosity what so ever. A sign of poorly made aluminium components is always small porous holes. The weld quality is also quite amazing.

Got a bit carried away, thinking it might look better with the welds smoothed off.
Still quite a lot of sanding to do yet because there was some heavy duty reshaping and sanding.

grind.jpg

It probably looks better with the raw welds but, its difficult to get a smooth finish right beside the welds without making it look grooved. Ideally the components would have been polished prior to welding.

Ok, after much grinding, sanding and polishing the rebuild has begun.

newframe1.jpg

Rockstar graphics will go in favour of some custom designed graphics.
Engine is in bits and awaiting a balance and blueprint. Also some match porting.

hey adam did you get my email regarding the TTR bikes man?
Could really use your expertise man for the TTR Graphics, could you send
me the "new7" graphics with the faded logo you did to me?
Russ,

that bike looks sweet!
i like it without the welds i rekon...
hey what you rekon one of these frames is worth?
i bort one from my mate for 150 and it dont have a cradle,
and i wanna sell it to support my little build.
any idea on price?
thanks

Starting to look like a copy of my BBR frame fully polished. Good to see someone having a go at polishing but remember it is very addictive & very time consuming. ADDICTED TO SHINE. 50 nuts

that bike looks sweet!
i like it without the welds i rekon...
hey what you rekon one of these frames is worth?
i bort one from my mate for 150 and it dont have a cradle,
and i wanna sell it to support my little build.
any idea on price?
thanks

I paid $200 for mine. It is a very good quality frame.

Starting to look like a copy of my BBR frame fully polished. Good to see someone having a go at polishing but remember it is very addictive & very time consuming. ADDICTED TO SHINE. 50 nuts

Yea, tell me about it. I recon ive spent over 10 hours on it sofar.
I wouldnt recomend that anyone in-experienced grind the welds smooth though as its very easy to get it wrong. I used to work in an allow wheel factory, and worked in the rework area for a while so I have a fair bit of experience at reshaping.

I havent polished the inside surfaces so it shouldnt be too hard to keep clean and shiney.

Final polishing is done with a car buff which makes it easier.

Motovert wont offer anymore than pister!

ive seen the sub frames forsale at quite a few online shops!
either DHZ or search "Jr Just ride" in the store section of ebay.com.au

One problem I have now is putting a foot brake lever on this frame.
It appears the setup off my old frame wont fit the BBR style frame. And it didnt come with one.
Anyone tell me what will fit ? I was thinking maybe one of these

But how does the spring work on these ??? And will they fit ???

Latest posts

Back