klx style or crf style?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barnsey

Reaction score
hey guys
quick questions
do the klx style bikes offer more room over the crf style bikes
im just over 6ft and got longest legs out
so if i were going to get a crf style bike (probly dhz 125) am i able to convert it to klx or crf 70 plastics? i tried searvcing but no luck
cheers boys

yea KLX style bikes are heaps bigger than crf50 style, except DHZ 140 and up which use crf plastics on a KLX size frame.
putting KLX or crf70 plastics on the bike isn't gonna make it any bigger.

yes klx offers alot more room im just over 6ft and have an x4r and heaps better than my old dhz

as for swapping over you can do but you need to buy a new frame, seat, tank and plastics... so no not really worth jst buy a klx in the first place

ight cheers guys i knwo changing the pkastics/seat wouldnt make it bigger but might of made it feel bigger or game me more room, well looks like i better start saving :)

i'm new to this all. what is the difference between a klx fram and a crf? pics would be good.

i need to get a bigger frame.

Crf style

Junbo_CRF50_style_dirt_bike_CRF50_dirt_bikes_CRF50_pit_bike_CRF50_pitbike.jpg

Klx style

Klx110_Klx_110_Style_New_Model_Dirt_Bike_Moto_Mini_Bike.jpg

the bike/frame/swingarm/forks are the same.
only difference is the size of the frame/forks and sometimes the shock are all bigger on a KLX style bike. Seat/Tank are basically the same just different mounts and bigger seat. plastics are the most obvious difference and just based on the plastics and not the actual bike, crf50 style look better and are much easier to remove and replace when you're working on the bike

here's a KLX style next to a CRF style:
img0112p.jpg

img0111.jpg

img0110oo.jpg

Last edited:
both take 280mm shocks
KLX takes 700mm forks, running 735mm
CRF takes 625mm forks
both swingarms are the same length

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back