ktm

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red_demon24

Reaction score
hey guys im thinking about buying a 2 stroke ktm250exc for a bigger bike but im still going to keep the pitbike to muckaround on.
im 16 and am about 6foot and weigh about 65kgs does anyone know of how big these bike are and would i fit on one and what gears do they have powerban in or is it in all the gears and all up is it a good bike or i could consider getting a yamaha wr250f but i would rather a 2stroke.
cheers

if your only 65 kgs you probly wont be able to handle it, 2 strokes have powerband in all gears and seeing as you asked that question i take it you havent ridden a 2 stroke before, if so get a 125 they have heaps of power there and should be better for your light weight

you make too many assumptions then...

if a girl who only weighs 50 can, then I'm sure someone who weighs 65 probably CAN

yeh well really i dont give a f.ck what you think, and obviously the blokes never ridden a 2 stroke before seeings as he asked what gears does it have powerband in (not having a go at the guy who made the thread), so yeh i was trying to help this guy so pull ya head in mate

Last edited:
farkin hell i meant because if ya cant get weight over the front wheel or something, like when my mate rides my CR and hes like 50kg he cant get enough weight over the front wheel enough and shit

if ya arent the greatest rider or just startin out a 250 2 banger is too big, even the 200exc is pushin it. If i were you id be lookin at a 250 four banger yzf crf kxf etc etc.

if you have had enough experience with bikes you should be sweet. im 17 and 60kgs and when im not paying attention my exc lifts up on me unluss its dusty it just spins lol when hitting band. unit mx has one to (lou) so he is another person to ask. these things haul arse and the 200 excs are just as quick. me and lou punched it along this short curved track didnt even get in top gear and we were going 130 before we knew it

Last edited:
if your only 65 kgs you probly wont be able to handle it, 2 strokes have powerband in all gears and seeing as you asked that question i take it you havent ridden a 2 stroke before, if so get a 125 they have heaps of power there and should be better for your light weight

thanks 4 all the help and yeah i have riden a 2 stroke but because it is a enduro 2 stroke and you can road registere it i wasnt sure about the powerband because some bikes dont have it in first but anyway i know i could ride it i would just have to get a bit of practise on it lol
i have riden a rm80, yz80 and a cr85 and love the 2 stroke power! and would rather a 2 stroke over a 4 stroke except for if its a pitbike lol
cheers.

my dad wants to get one thats registered so that i can get my learners lisence on it how old do you have to be to get a bike lisence in victoria?
and i have heard that these things really go but what happens when your riding down the road and powerband kicks in, the front wheel will want to lift up wont it but what would the coppers say

Latest posts

Back