kx 80 or dhz monster pro 140cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brazza

Reaction score
hi i'm gonna get a new bike and can only get either the dhz monster pro 140cc for $1350 + $150 postage or a guy up the road selling a 1990 model kx 80 which is pretty rough for $1500 ,do you rekon the dhz would be better than an old jap 80?

go with the kawaski mate, china bikes may look all well until u have it a while and its broken and stuffed. where if u buy the kawaski you will be able to sell it to somone else when u need to upgrade to a bigger bike becuase u cant sell a second hand china bike...

i would go the kx, but tell him 1.5 is bull shit, it's worth under 1k

i don't know about the kx 80 it's pretty dam rough and takes a fair bit to start and sounds like shit, i want a bike for a bit of jumping and the kx's fork seals have blown and little things like that and massive dents , i think i'lle just by the dhz monster pro 140cc

get the kx man dhz are shitty changa bikes that de-value heepz chinga bikes are peices of junk so just buy the kx which will go faster than the dhz.

m0p

depends what type of riding you will do

yes the kx is a jap bike and better quality but its not a pitty to me

if your buying a bike for ''pity'' riding then go for the 140

depends what type of riding you will do

yes the kx is a jap bike and better quality but its not a pitty to me

if your buying a bike for ''pity'' riding then go for the 140

Exactly my thoughts too.
A small dirtbike will never be a fun 'pitbike', I think they're different in terms of fun factor.

I would go for the dhz mate. I just bought one and they are awesome bikes in terms of value for money. Loads of power for a pit bike and there were only a very few minor things that i was dissapointed with. I own a cr125 as well and although the dhz is not auite up to the same standard as the jap bike it will give u hours of fun riding.

Being as old and crappy as you said the kx was I would personally take the DHZ. The KX sounds like it has had a hard life and is unreliable and probably needs a lot of work done to it.

Being as old and crappy as you said the kx was I would personally take the DHZ. The KX sounds like it has had a hard life and is unreliable and probably needs a lot of work done to it.

^^^ I'm with stupid

I've ridden a 1990 KX80 before and enjoyed it, but the 140 is a whole new ballgame and it'll be in new and shiny condition. So what if it'll break ... they all break!

^^^ I'm with stupid

I've ridden a 1990 KX80 before and enjoyed it, but the 140 is a whole new ballgame and it'll be in new and shiny condition. So what if it'll break ... they all break!

Yeah im with Ruby on this one too. If they were both new id go the 80 but as its old. Those things cost a shitload to fix if anything goes wrong. The dhz will cost you very little to fix, and after the flogging mine has had i doubt you will need to fix it ever.:)

Latest posts

Back