L Plates NSW????

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thumpy15

Reaction score
Hi.
Ive heard a few rumours about the legal driving age in NSW. It is now 16 years to get your l's. Ive heard in July they will be changing it to 16/9 months and 220hrs. I bloody hope they arnt cause i turn 16 in october and ill be affected if they change it.
Any info??

not sure just look on the RTA website they will bound to be info there mate...

if they have changed it yet again that so sucks...

In Qld L's plater's have to do 100 hours of driving exp. before being eligible to sit for there p plates.

Whilst this might sound alright to the government head honchos for kids that can drive to school with there parents most mornings and afternoons its absolutely ridiculous for those eg my gf who is 22 works full time but lived in the phillipines for most of her yr12 where one would generally get your p plates.

Now due to the fact that we live together and I havent had my opens for one year yet I am not allowed to be her supervisor, her mum doesnt have a car (retiree) and she works 9-5 Mon-Fri this new law can make it nigh on impossible for he to accumulate her supervised hours without resorting to using a learner driver school for the total amount. which would be ridiculously expensive!

grrr vent!!! is now over... :)

haha i turned 16 today and im goin for my Ls on saturday i hope i pass i dont want to pay agian lol

My little bro has his L's right now and Copped the 120 Hours thing. And i think that is stupid! My 50 hours was enough haha. If they jack it up to 220hrs then they will just have everyone bullshitting even more driving hours then before...220hrs is crazy.

yea the only way to get that many hours is to bullshit and make heaps of fake trips interstate

my sister copped a shyt load of hrs but just finished...

i forget how many hrs i had to do now but yer my old man faked heaps of trips.... hahahaha

fake away...they even say if you "lose" your log book to "fill it in to the best of your memory"...ie, fake it....whos checking anyway? my couple of trips from sydney to maitland and orange are pretty good...and real:p

far as i know, a car is still 16, and a bike has always been 16 and 9 months...what difference it makes? dont know...thats the government for you...

basically, you could get residency in the US and get your license there, and still beat our system... bloody stupid.

australians all let us lament, our land is run by fools....

ive got my L's and done 50 hours still got a shitload more to go ....i couldnt say ive heard any of these rumours but it wouldnt spuris as the government is dumb as

thats bullshit, i just heard from my sis and mum that they ARE changing it to 16 and 9 monthes :mad: and at that stage you could go for your bike lisence which i'll be doing instead of driving which means i'll have full bike lisence and probibly 100hr to my car log book.

In Qld L's plater's have to do 100 hours of driving exp. before being eligible to sit for there p plates.

Whilst this might sound alright to the government head honchos for kids that can drive to school with there parents most mornings and afternoons its absolutely ridiculous for those eg my gf who is 22 works full time but lived in the phillipines for most of her yr12 where one would generally get your p plates.

Now due to the fact that we live together and I havent had my opens for one year yet I am not allowed to be her supervisor, her mum doesnt have a car (retiree) and she works 9-5 Mon-Fri this new law can make it nigh on impossible for he to accumulate her supervised hours without resorting to using a learner driver school for the total amount. which would be ridiculously expensive!

grrr vent!!! is now over... :)

that is why you make up a whole bunch of fake hours.

dont know if i believe the 220hrs thing, thats soo much, in SA its still 16 for bike and car and 50 hours on your l's with no power/cylinder/turbo restrictions :)

lol^^ Yeah us south aussies have it easy. 50 hours and your on the road -$500bux worth of driving lessons you need!! iv done say 45 of true hours just gotta coff up the cash for the driving lessons!!

wow SA seems THE place to be for young petrol heads. I'd just get a bike to get around on while waiting to get my car p's.

yer i think NSW stands for Never Stop Wanking......( RTA and state government)

I thought there was a restriction for turbos and V8's :s

Anyway. I'm one test with my instructor away from my Ps :D :D :D
In SA BTW.

to anyone on here that thinks the RTA have changed the rules why dont you spend 2 seconds googling it.

when i was like 15/16 everyday the kids at school would have some new rumour, which were always just BS they heard off their mates mate.

i doubt theyre changing it again, they only changed the learners rules like last year or the year before, why would they put it up even higher again?

haha. alright then. thanks to all you guys that replied. Im really hoping they dont cause driving is like the only thing i wanna do right now.

lol^^ Yeah us south aussies have it easy. 50 hours and your on the road -$500bux worth of driving lessons you need!! iv done say 45 of true hours just gotta coff up the cash for the driving lessons!!

I only had one lesson and then passed the VORT test, i might have been lucky though.

Latest posts

Back