Lasers

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XIRRUS

Reaction score
Hey all,

As I was sitting here being bored and lasers being one of my hobbies I thought I'd start a thread about them! As most of you know back in 2008 handheld lasers over 1mW were banned within Aus thanks to the many idiots pointing them at planes and helicopters...ect,So I was thinking what are everyone else's thoughts about them?
Also If you own one feel free to put up a pic :grinning-smiley-003

If only they were still legal...Below is 1W/1000mW of pure blue awesomeness! I will get my hands on one....one day...
061110_spyder_3_blue_laser_1.jpg

Admit it..You want one!

Just an update with some more pics nd vids

YouTube - Insane green laser beam shots - Hulk & Viper green lasers

h3.jpg

Last edited:
thats one smick laser and yer cnt get the powerful ones anymore can u buy em on say usa ebay and get it shipped here or will border security get it??

It's a bit of a hit and a miss with customs,It really depends on what it says on the parcel too like if it was marked as say A laser pointer vs electronics....You can pretty much say goodbye,Also I'd stay well away from ebay lasers as most are rounded up in mW or made up of mostly IR.

yer so wat have u got? im gueesing the most powerful one u can get and cnt u make em out of somting i heard u can

You can buy a laser module which consist of a diode and the circuit board..ect Then just buy a project box and mount it all in there.You can also get a diode out of a dvd burner too.

I'm not sure exactly how much power is behind a dvd diode as I've never made one but I'm on my way on to making a 100mW green laser.

I thought this thread was about Ford Lasers.. :LolLolLolLol:

But I use to play with the $5 chinese market ones.. haha, only really good for pissing off Teachers and neighbours..

loveee lasers! always by myself them when im overseas in europe 80MW green ones for like 20 bucks then have to ditch them before i come home lol

my 250mw got confiscated by the cops when my brother shone it on a helicopter, they also took one of my samurai swords because when the walked into the house it was on display (in the pool room)

i still have a 20mw or 25mw green laser that is fun to pull out at parties and show people how far they can shoot.

the 250 could cut sticky tape, light matches, pop balloons. It ran off a cr32 camera battery and when i used to hold it up to the side of your head to aim it you could hear a really high frequency vibration/noise. pretty cool little gadget.

the 1W u posted above is sold with safety glasses.... These are quite dangerous products.

whilst id love a green laser in anything above 250mW.. i understand, and wont try and work around the ban.

dont bother trying to import them.

I'm guessing it's a pen style laser nafe?

yeah the one i still have is the pen style, the confiscated one was similar in shape to your display pic and ran off a special battery (some cr32 battery for high powered lights). The pen style is strong enough anyway, shoots across suburbs which is enough for me :)

Latest posts

Back