lawn mowing

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malibu17

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm young and thinking about earning some more pocket money. I was thinking about mowing some lawns with a mate around my place (Adelaide) for $25 per house or something like that on a friday after school and saturday after sport. Does anyone think this is a good idea? if not please give me some other tips to make some money and other constructive feedback.

Yeah that's a good idea mate. How old are you?

just an idea but umpiring whatever sport you play is always a good idea for extra cash - makes you get fitter too usually and you get better at the sport

im 15. Do you think throwing some pamphlets in some letter boxes with my number will get the publics attention.

hi fane,

yeah i was thinking about umpiring football but I need a break from footy at some time as I just get sick of it.

Get a real job. Lol. At 15 you can go work at Mickey Dee's, HJ's or anyother fast food places.

:action-smiley-033:

yeah i worked at maccas for a while and didn't like it at all. They gave me shit hours and all. Had to work from 6 till 1 in the morning once. My parents also had to pick me up which was a hassle for them.

6-1? easy.

I got 5:15 - 2:45 that's something I'm not to happy about.

I work at maccas, and I have found, if you are shit, you get shit hours. If you are good, you get as many as you want...

Try kfc.. there hours are more reasonable and they're all slackers lol.

Rach thats just because your from frankston.... lol

I think its a good idea, I used to do it for my grandma's but maybe you can also clean gutters as I also did that, but you have to be alright with working on roofs, I used to play on my grandma's roofs when I was young with my cousins all the time also spent alot of time in trees as I didnt have a Motorbike :) so was good on the old roof.

You could do just basic house stuff cleaning sheds etc put it all down.

People dont like doing anything these days so the works there and instead of paying some bloke to do it for $50+ an hour they can pay you, and if you have an accident they wont be in trouble :)

thanks for that CHINA-RIDER best feedback so far. Now I have some ideas for what I should do, any idea for prices?

i think if you dress responsibly (no backwards hat, pants like you just shat yourself) and you have a set price, say $20-25 you could go along way mate. I know if a honest looking kid wanted to mow my lawn for $20 id let him.

Good luck mate!

depends how you want to charge people, and depends how big the job is, but your probly best with a fixed ammount for certain jobs so all the old ducks no how much to pay you each time you come around. Just do some research and see what other people charge and work it out so you are cheap but your not being a slave.

ahaha thanks for that MiniFighter. From what I've seen CHINA RIDER most of the companies such as Jims Mowing you have to get quotes so I guess they decide how much it costs on the size of the lawn.

Latest posts

Back