Leaking tb gaskets?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamiew

Reaction score
So after installing the tb 117 stroker kit. And having to use the tb gaskets instead of genuine the head and base gaskets always seep oil out. I've retensioned the head down and still leaks. Anybody had this problem?

So after installing the tb 117 stroker kit. And having to use the tb gaskets instead of genuine the head and base gaskets always seep oil out. I've retensioned the head down and still leaks. Anybody had this problem?

you only need a tiny bit of old gasket left on the surface and it will weep mate, as for the head gasket it may have blown a little bit and is also weeping.

It was a brand new cylinder and head when I assembled it so couldn't be old gaskets and it doesn't leak any compression out the head gasket. It's not really a problem just very annoying. Lol

It was a brand new cylinder and head when I assembled it so couldn't be old gaskets and it doesn't leak any compression out the head gasket. It's not really a problem just very annoying. Lol

Maybe there is a small mark in the barrel onto the casing somewere or there is a manufacture prob with the machining on that barrel, was there a small o-ring for the oil galleryin the bottom side of the barrel, if so maybe it is jammed between the barrel a little.

They always seem to do it at first, put a few decent rides on it and it will stop. Just make sure you check the torque on your head nuts after the first few rides.

Latest posts

Back