LEI MOTO XY-S 125cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matty

Reaction score
Model: XY-S

Make: LEI

Year: 2008

Specs.

Engine: ZONGSHEN 2 valve 125cc Racing engine.

Fuel capacity: 3L including 0.9L Reserve

Transmission: 4 speed with manual clutch (1 down 3 up)

Suspension System: Offroad tuned USD forks. Heavy duty adjustable rear Nitrogen Gas Shock

Max speed: They reckon it goes 100km/h. I got it to just over 70 on a dirt road.

Weight: 75 kg

Engine starting: Kick start. CDI Ignition

Brakes: Hydrolic Fron and Rear

Seat Height: 750mm

Body Material: Umm, Steel and plastic...

Who this bike is for: Well I wouldn't call it a racing bike. But it gets me around pretty well. It has a lot better pick up than my old Atomik MotoX. You can really twist the throttle and it pops up on the back wheel. I like that. :)

Experience with the bike: Brakes arn't really that good, front seem to be getting better but the back are shocking, the brake lever is really weak too.
Suspension seems pretty good, haven't hit any jumps yet but it feels faily stiff.
The stock chain was the biggest peice of s***! It kinked up like crazy! So I recommend getting a better chain. I got an RK.

Umm well overall I really like this bike, as usual its not the most reliable or fastest thing, but I like it. And I get knowledge from fixing it so then I can put it to good use for my mates. lol.

Price: $550 incl post.

Photo:
LEIXY-S125cc.jpg

I have this bike too.... Mine cost me $426 :)

dsc00453ze2.jpg

You will have to put cable ties on the rear brake cable where it attaches to the swing arm. That little bracket is made of butter. Also, dont go over any big jumps, the frame will snap.
The rear brakes on my bike are great, maybe yours need a bleed. My fronts are average.

Nothing much has gone wrong with mine and it has done some pretty decent track work. Just the normal bolts missing that I didnt lock tight grrrrrr

they look good, i might consider getting one now, thanks for the help :)

grouse as mate i have the 138 cc the front brake are very average but the rear are ok .The front suspension is a bit stiff but i like her
and yes i agree the chain is a piece of shit i have got a o ring chain(128)
$950 pick up

i brought a Lei xy 125cc it seems pretty good but it dosent go as fast as it said it does.

I got a Lei XR 125cc, its pretty good!
everyone thats rode it thinks its the best cheap bike there've rode,
yeah well im happy with my bike, so cheerss :D

oh and i payed $550, delivered to my door..

-Paige

Image010.jpg

Last edited:
i have the 2009 lei xy.. pretty good bike hasnt stuffed up yet

Keep an eye on the 'How-to'' section, tute on bleeding back brakes coming soon...

A lot of the newer cheapy Egay china pitties have terrible brake fluid in them, which really does need replacement upon purchase of the bike.. it's as thin as water, boils and breaks down easily, leaving you with crappy braking performance, or at worst, blown brake lines and seized calipers... Seen this on a few chinas now..
Back brakes *can* be a bit tricky to bleed properly, so i'm doing a thread up on them shortly..
stay tuned!

I purchased a 2008 Lei 140cc, it was the best bike i had bought till things started going wrong,
Clutch and throttle cable snapped on me within a week, and as worm said, i started jumping it and frame was "cm" away from snapping, long story, short, ive replaced nearly everything on that bike apart from the engine, new frame, complete genuine front end, all cables, carby was a bit dodgy aswell, so had to get a new one of them, also chucked a racing magneto on it, pops up on the back wheel every gear :)
when i first got the bike, i paid $900 pickup. and spent very well over $2000 on it, i have been riding it nearly every day for the past 4 months and not a thing has gone wrong.
so in my opinion, the only thing that has been good to me for the past year and a half is the engine and its still going great to this day.

What it was when i first bought it
Image020-1.jpg

What it is now :)
Image052-1.jpg

Last edited:
^^^^^WTF is that??? lol... going by the photos, all the "upgrades" you've done appear to be downgrades??
Mismatched wheels, your forks are now on backwards, your brakes wont be working that well because the rotation vs caliper position is wrong way round, oil cooler is duct taped on, which wont allow any airflow the way it's mounted, and the bashplate is missing???
you sure you didnt get the pics the wrong way round? the bottom pic looks more like a $200 bike, not a $900 bike with $2000 worth of mods...
horses for courses i guess. lol

bahaha. i will agree, i spose it doesnt look as good as it did, but im not one who goes for looks, that bike is about 10 times more powerful than it once was. "Mismatched wheels" i am waiting for my other back rim to be repaired, when i bought my new frame, i did not think to see if it had a mount for the oil cooler so it is ducktaped there till i can weld up a bracket for it, as for the forks going wrong way, i spose tht is my own dumb doing, guess i wasnt thinking when i put them on, and havnt had time to change them around. but like i said, i prefer quality and HP over looks...

these seem to have a heap more initial torque than atomik 125's. Might be the gearing i duno.
but the frames are rubbish, mate got one, no jumps at all, and the swingarm main bolt area fractured.
dix. the tripple clamps also snapped after a stack too. paper mache frame.

bahaha. i will agree, i spose it doesnt look as good as it did, but im not one who goes for looks, that bike is about 10 times more powerful than it once was. "Mismatched wheels" i am waiting for my other back rim to be repaired, when i bought my new frame, i did not think to see if it had a mount for the oil cooler so it is ducktaped there till i can weld up a bracket for it, as for the forks going wrong way, i spose tht is my own dumb doing, guess i wasnt thinking when i put them on, and havnt had time to change them around. but like i said, i prefer quality and HP over looks...

lol fair call mate, i've got a bike like that myself.. ha ha..
i would recommend changing the forks around asap though, will make a fair difference to your handling, and looks like it would make your front wheel actually clear the head on compression of the forks.

wat the hell just sticky tape ur oil cooler on hey

wat the hell just sticky tape ur oil cooler on hey

Lol, it was either that or just let it hang, i was cinsidering taking it off, but didnt have bolts to fit the holes in the engine.
i will chage the forks around in a sec. :)

Latest posts

Back