Lei wolf 250

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

one67

Reaction score
Hey people, I'm new to the forum but I'm hoping to get a bike for trail riding soon.
I see these LEI WOLF 250'S on e-bay and was wondering if someone out there has got one or can tell me what they are like and what the zongsheng motor is like.
Yes I do know that the quatity of these is crap when compared to japanese.
I like them because I'm not tall and they are a mid-size 16/19

they look like crap quality. buy a second hand jap or a more higher spec china if you want it to last. i have a china now and would love to have an older honda or yammi.

well im agreeing with yous this does look like shit bu mate go out and buya second hand jap and you won't ever regret it but buy this and you'll regret it big time, a yz125, cr125 would be way better then this an all aspects.

jesus christ look where they have put that battery. lol. just looking at it more than a galnce it goes even further down hill. it would be a pig to ride, look at the geometry. i could see the thin sub frame snapping with ease. it all just looks way out of wack.

OK ,so you all think it looks like $hit, can anyone tell me what zongsheng motors are like?
Why are you telling me to get a 2-stroke when I'm looking at a 4?. CR's and YZ's are perfect for MX, I know because I've had them before in my 25yrs of riding, but I just want a small bike for trail riding.

sorry, i missed judge you and thinking you were a 16yr old but they are shit looking can't do anything with them besides scap them. Don't know much about them motor, haven't heard much of them.

The china 250's are much like the horizontal engines. They are pretty much the same. They are all pretty reliable even if they aren't looked after properly. They dont like to rev out too much but they got plenty of torque for pulling around a track. If I was going to get a chinese 250 i would look for a water-cooled motor though, just for reliability. I also think that the water cooled version has a revised cam and timing set up which gives a little more revs, torque and power. Zongshen, Loncin and Lifan all make 250cc engines. It's hard to tell without some engine numbers but that could be one of the old pushrod engines and that could be why its pretty cheap. Yeah thats about all i got... If i was gonna get a China 250 i'd probably go the Atomik Blitz. And if you wanted a mid size have a look at the Atomik Link

Last edited:
thanks, the ad says they're an OHC engine. I'd really like to see one up close to get a bit of an idea.

You can go and look at these bikes in campblefield but it will be a waste of time. How much are you looking to spend? A big wheel 150cc horizontal motor can go better than some of these 250s. For a decent Chinese 250 you would be paying about 3k new. I wouldnt bother buying a 2nd hand jap 250 for less than 2k coz I prefer not to buy other peoples problems coz I got enough of my own lol.

i was thinking of selling my 125cc pitpro and upgrading to this brand new 250cc china bike that its not a lei but simmilar brand..
i just dont know if its worth it...
i am close to 100kgs but dont want to spend a fuk load...
this brand new one is around 1000 bucks... looks like a KTM but not 100% sure on brand will find out.

ok just found out its a atomik 250cc with single overhead cam..

are these any good just for some trails and some jumps (nothing crazy)..

ok just found out its a atomik 250cc with single overhead cam..

are these any good just for some trails and some jumps (nothing crazy)..

Yeah they are pretty good for trails and few jumps... Depends on which atomik though. My bro has a Pro-X 250 (SOHC) and it runs pretty good. The forks are pretty bad but i'm pretty sure that Atomik has updated them since 2007. We haven't done many massive jumps but it will handle 3-4m air onto flat gorund so the frame is pretty good i'd say lol. It's only an air cooled and its never overheated and that was in Townsville (30+ Degrees every day). We didnt really look after it well and its still going... i think its had 2 oil changes since sept 2007 and 2 new rear tyres. The air filter literally does nothing... Its a piece of crap paper filter thats not even attached properly. The only other problem was the starter solenoid died in october last year.

so if i could get one of them for 1000 bucks would it be worth it ???

being close to 100kg would the 125 pitpro still be a better option ???

so if i could get one of them for 1000 bucks would it be worth it ???

being close to 100kg would the 125 pitpro still be a better option ???

No not in my opinion .... not if you gave me one .... just look at it ...see the minibike subframe ?? that's why the backwheel sits out a foot .... 250s run a linkage set up at the back ....this is running a non linkage minibike set up ... it won't last and will be collecting dust in ya shed by the end of the year .... cut out the middle man and just give a thousand bucks to someone ya hate ..,. because the end result will be the same .... harsh ?? maybe ... but this is a minibike forum .... go on a big bike forum like fmxaustralia and get their opinion on these things if you really want the truth ... I bet it'll be harsher.;)

so stay clear of the 250 and maybe invest in a bigger engine for the pit pro to help haul my fat ass hahahahahaha

250s run a linkage set up at the back ....this is running a non linkage minibike set up .

Well im sure you know my thoughts on these 250s and I agree with you. I just wanted to add my comments on the linkage setups. I would prefer a chinese bike NOT to have a linkage setup coz thats just another thing that will brake. I have snapped that uni link on a Honda CR80 back in the day going off the old tunnel jump at broady so if it can be done on a Jap bike id hate to see what would happen to one from China lol.

Some big bikes such as KTM and Husaberg have the direct mount shock instead of the linkage setup.

Well im sure you know my thoughts on these 250s and I agree with you. I just wanted to add my comments on the linkage setups. I would prefer a chinese bike NOT to have a linkage setup coz thats just another thing that will brake. I have snapped that uni link on a Honda CR80 back in the day going off the old tunnel jump at broady so if it can be done on a Jap bike id hate to see what would happen to one from China lol.

Some big bikes such as KTM and Husaberg have the direct mount shock instead of the linkage setup.

Yeah you're probably right Thump they would screw it up .... and as for KTM'S and Hussa's ... yeah you are right about that too but they are light years apart in quality and performance ..... if it was a whitepower setup the shock would cost a grand :p

Ranga .... yeah go motor upgrade :cool:

Latest posts

Back