Lei wolf 250

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah you're probably right Thump they would screw it up .... and as for KTM'S and Hussa's ... yeah you are right about that too but they are light years apart in quality and performance ..... if it was a whitepower setup the shock would cost a grand :p

Yeah, well I have never snapped another uni link since then and I doubt I would ever snap another one on a jap bike coz it was probably just a one off type of thing due to a poor suspension setup that bottomed out hard on the big jumps. It wasnt a nice feeling when the bike bottomed out and then never raised back up lol but if anyone remembers the old tunnel jump that was at Broady they would know how hard the landings could be from it :p

Hey people, I'm new to the forum but I'm hoping to get a bike for trail riding soon.
I see these LEI WOLF 250'S on e-bay and was wondering if someone out there has got one or can tell me what they are like and what the zongsheng motor is like.
Yes I do know that the quatity of these is crap when compared to japanese.
I like them because I'm not tall and they are a mid-size 16/19

i have one and dont recomend you are better off buying an xr 250 for a bit more than one of these things they basically fall apart

Hey people, I'm new to the forum but I'm hoping to get a bike for trail riding soon.
I see these LEI WOLF 250'S on e-bay and was wondering if someone out there has got one or can tell me what they are like and what the zongsheng motor is like.
Yes I do know that the quatity of these is crap when compared to japanese.
I like them because I'm not tall and they are a mid-size 16/19
i'd steer very clear of the LEI Wolf 250... If you are after a better china 250, perhaps try and find an extra $300 and go for either an Atomik Kuda Pro or Blitz...Or even an X-Moto/Orion AGB31/XB-31... as far as the "cheap" China 250's, they're the pick of the bunch... and are of much stronger build, and better quality...
The china 250's are much like the horizontal engines. They are pretty much the same. They are all pretty reliable even if they aren't looked after properly. They dont like to rev out too much but they got plenty of torque for pulling around a track. If I was going to get a chinese 250 i would look for a water-cooled motor though, just for reliability. I also think that the water cooled version has a revised cam and timing set up which gives a little more revs, torque and power. Zongshen, Loncin and Lifan all make 250cc engines. It's hard to tell without some engine numbers but that could be one of the old pushrod engines and that could be why its pretty cheap. Yeah thats about all i got... If i was gonna get a China 250 i'd probably go the Atomik Blitz. And if you wanted a mid size have a look at the Atomik Link
Poulsen8r you'd be a bit disappointed in thinking the Gen III water cooled engine is more powerful or reliable.... I have all three, the gen I, II and III in three different bikes, and oddly, the fastest is the Gen I, in a 19/16 3/4 size bike, running a 22mm mikuni, but a decent pipe... Followed by the Gen III, then the Gen II in means of performance... BUT, the Gen III has been modded with pipe/carby etc, and the Gen II is stock..
Both the Gen I and Gen II rev a little harder, a little freer, and have so far been rock-solid reliable... My Gen III is a bit over a year old now, still running fine, but i'll wait and see before i make comment at how rock solid they are... The cooling system is a bit fragile, and while the motors are very torquey, the air cooled versions rev better, and are more robust..
i was thinking of selling my 125cc pitpro and upgrading to this brand new 250cc china bike that its not a lei but simmilar brand..
i just dont know if its worth it...
i am close to 100kgs but dont want to spend a fuk load...
this brand new one is around 1000 bucks... looks like a KTM but not 100% sure on brand will find out.
^^^If its the one i'm thinking of Ranga, you'll be a bit disappointed with that one... the frame etc is pretty solid, but the front forks are well short on travel, and ability...
for a lad your size, save the money, and go with a Blitz or Kuda pro...
Well im sure you know my thoughts on these 250s and I agree with you. I just wanted to add my comments on the linkage setups. I would prefer a chinese bike NOT to have a linkage setup coz thats just another thing that will brake. I have snapped that uni link on a Honda CR80 back in the day going off the old tunnel jump at broady so if it can be done on a Jap bike id hate to see what would happen to one from China lol.

Some big bikes such as KTM and Husaberg have the direct mount shock instead of the linkage setup.
Heh heh... time to put my two cents in here... i've got linkaged Jap bikes, linkaged Chinas, and a non linkaged-China 250... havent had a problem with any of them, owned several linkaged bikes over the years, and even racing MX and SX never snapped one.. have seen it happen, but never had that moment of pucker... Of my two china 250's yes, the non-linkage kitted one is better... BUT only due to the machining tolerances of the linkaged one... they both handle as well as each other, but the Blitz rattles like a bastard... the KTM copy thing doesnt rattle a bit, is direct mounted, and has had a very hard life, with some very big boys jumping it further than we should have... ha ha.. and the shock eyes, bushes etc are still holding up well.
Yeah you're probably right Thump they would screw it up .... and as for KTM'S and Hussa's ... yeah you are right about that too but they are light years apart in quality and performance ..... if it was a whitepower setup the shock would cost a grand :p

:cool:
^^^Will be keeping an eye on the linkages on the Blitz... they're plate steel, not cast alloy like Jap mxers... might be able to bend em, but i can't see em cracking... they're pretty solid...

Latest posts

Back