Lifan 125 engine internals into yx150

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben1112

Reaction score
:confused:Will the engine internals of lifan 125 fit into yx150? The bottom end of YX 150 is based on honda engine and Kawasaki KLX/KSR top end am i right?

So in that sense the bottom end stuff shud be interchangeable minus the cases only?

I've done it, but I had to machine the holes in the cases to fit different bearings. The shift drum detent was slightly different to.

So what was needed in the conversion except machining the cases? Was there anything that had to be done to the shift drum?

Tormentandglory is a fitter/machinist who has access to the right machinery so he can do the work cheaper for himself ... If you haven't got the same access then the machining costs will kill you ... LOL ...

Unless a Lifan 125 tranny is stronger than a YX150 tranny or has some other benefits such as better gear ratios then it's a waste of time and effort anyway ... You'd probably be better off buying the new YX needle bearing RHS case half and gear shafts ... DHZ and 4322g on ebay have both lifan and XY trannies listed so if you email both of them one of them is bound to know the answers you are seeking ... That is ... the older type of YX150 tranny ... I'd personally go with the latest upgraded version to eliminate future grief ...

BTW ... What happened to your YX150 tranny ?

I think it went kaput. Nevermind, I'm thinking which engine should i buy next..

You sure it never went ... kapow , kachink or kachunk ? (translated as ... snap , crackle and POP) ...

What's it actually doing ? ... Missing gears ? Jumping out of gears ? Crunching ? ... You have a good basis for a rebuild with the aim of improving it ... Then change whatever you were doing with it before it failed ... No point going to a different type of engine only to conjure up a repeat performance ...

In most cases , tranny failures are the end result of how the rider treats it ... ie too long between oil changes , use of too thin an oil (remember ... these engines are a GEARBOX as well as a motor ... if they wouldn't put thin engine oil in their cars gearbox or diff then what makes people think a bikes tranny will live a decent life with thin engine oil ) , improper use of clutch , not synchronising shifting with throttling , shifting under load , revving the engine and dumping the clutch to make the rear wheel spin on a regular basis ... (if it won't spin with the clutch out then don't try to force it ... errr .... that is ... unless you're good at rebuilding engines , have a thick wallet ... and don't stress out when it loses weight rapidly against your will) ...

Latest posts

Back