Lifan 125 won't start

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GenuineThumpy

Reaction score
Hey guys, title speaks for itself,
Stock Lifan125 in a dhz, it has spark, it's getting fuel n air but it just won't fire, tried roll starting it, got the occasional back fire but just wouldn't kick over, what else could stop the engine from starting, only other thing I thought of was valves but they are fine aswell
Some professional help would be appreciated

Try a new spark plug mate. I've had that drama. Just had it on my sr500. What's the compression like?

Like stubsy said bud try another plug if you have one, sometimes a plug will spark but under the strains of compression the spark will be pushed inside the plug, also try kicking the bike over at nite or in a dark area and check for the spark jumping thru the plug cap onto the head, ive seen brand new plug caps that when running the spark will go straight thru the cap and earth out on the head. Another thing you can have a quick look at is the flywheel, make sure the flywheel is tight and also that it has not stripped the keyway, if this happens it will spark but at the wrong time.

Turned out behind the flywheel. The little magnet on the flywheel wasn't going past the sensor on the magneto properly, was the wrong flywheel to begin with, chucked a different one one where the 2 line up and she booted over first kick,
Thanks anyway guys

Latest posts

Back