Lifan 125cc v's 138cc start in any gear

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cass38a

Reaction score
Does the lifan 138cc go much better than the 125cc and does the start in any gear feature really do anything? Has anybody ridden bikes with both engins? have you upgraded to 138cc and was it worth the extra $ to do it?

Does the lifan 138cc go much better than the 125cc and does the start in any gear feature really do anything? Has anybody ridden bikes with both engins? have you upgraded to 138cc and was it worth the extra $ to do it?

the 138 runs a the same size piston as the 125 (54mm) but has a longer stroke (55mm stroke opposed to 54mm) so if you are thinking of doing this motor up the 138 is a better base. As for start in gear (clutch on main shaft) it is a must as you can then run an inner rotor kit safely and make sure it is an all up shift (4 up shift drum). I would not even bother with the non start in gear engines (clutch on crank) as they are being phased out. The lifan 140 are the go at the momment (if you can't afford a mojo outlaw 141) for best bang for your buck and can be made into weapons quite easly. Hope this sheds some light on it for you.

Thankyou for your help. I am not planing to do anything but buy a bike and ride it (i am too old with to many other responsibilities) to hop the thing up and just want a good value purchase straight up

Latest posts

Back