Lifan 125cc vs ducar 125cc????

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmie121

Reaction score
could someone help me out with whats the better engine between the two?

cheers

lifan would be the better option, ducar's are quite old now

Ducar's arent a bad engine i prefer them to a lifan 125. They arent as unreliable as everyone says and as weak. I have personally owned a 4 year old Ducar 124cc 54x54 that has been bashed for years before i bought it for $100. lol. And it still went fine never had clearances done and oil changed about once a year or so.

I have raced an atomik 125cc in the bush and when we were on the straight i beat him a fair bit and my engine was older (it's not the 4 yr old ducar i have a newer one)....so ducar arent all that bad...

i bought an old ducar off a mate a while ago and he completely thrashed it everyday, he had it for a good 2 years i think and onnly ever changed the oil once, and dont think he ever done valve clearance, its in one of my spare bikes still running great, so there is a good 3-4 year old enngine that has been thrashed to the shithouse and still running asif it was brand new, so they are indeed very reliable.
so my choice of a lifan or ducar would be ducar, i dont see any difference in power on a stock ducar and lifan, i'd doubt you could thrash a lifan for a few years and it still being alive,

DUCAR ALL THE WAY

Last edited:
I have a 110 and I'm pretty sure it's a Ducar, and that thing use to hammer, was an awesome bike, started first, second kick...

I have a 110 and I'm pretty sure it's a Ducar, and that thing use to hammer, was an awesome bike, started first, second kick...
+2...my son got an 3year old ducar in his playbike and it is tuff as nails

i have pulled apart a few of these over the last few months
and well ya cant tell them apart

apart from the quality of the castings of the cases
the ducar looks to have a bit more cold lap

so it comes down to what ya can get at the better price
when ya buy it

If i was ever going for a 125 again it would be the ducar. My head had almost no casting marks my mate that has a lifan head thought mine was ported was smooth and good straight from factory where he had casting marks. Also the manifold i got with the engine was cleaned up no cast marks and has had paint on the inside to make it even smoother for the fuel to run through...Not saying ducar own just saying everyone puts shit on em cause lifan is a bigger brand.

And when i did ride against the 125 lifan i did beat it mabey thats just because i have a shorter stroke and could rev up quicker im not sure...

Last edited:
lifan 125 >> over 7,000 ks and still going hard , change the oil never just top ups

When ever it comes to these Ducar vs Lifan debates theres always someone who comes in with the comment about their thrashed 2,3 or 4 year old motor with only one oil change in its life that is still goin strong. I dont doubt them as ive got a couple of them myself which are good old Lifans. That makes me wonder if all these thrashed, uncared for motors are just freaks or is that the key to a long life Chinese motor? Treat em mean keep em keen? I know ive had more problems with motors that had regular oil changes and maintenance than the ones that didnt.
Ive had a few dud Ducars so I wouldnt bother with them. Its Lifan all the way for me. Are the Zonga 125s any good?

That makes me wonder if all these thrashed, uncared for motors are just freaks or is that the key to a long life Chinese motor? Treat em mean keep em keen?

Makes you think ay! would be good to do a reveiew on it, grab 2 lifan 125's or something, treat one like S#!t and take care of the other and see what the outcome is, if i had the money for a couple of new engines id be ordering them in right now.

you are right tho, most engines ive had that i treated bad appeard to last longer than the ones i take care of.

well treating engines good, or bad doesnt work for me :( lol
i done my baby lifan 125 a favour, put new rings in here and first kick it went (il try to make the noise "chrungksdunfukb!tch" lol silly me had the timing wayyyyyyy out and piston was hiting the valves, (this was like nealy 2 years ago lol ) and yesterday i finished her and now she runs :D (thank you welder:p)
then i had my pit pro with a yx140 and was taking care of it, and after a couple hours or riding it made the same noise as my 125... "chrungksdunfukb!tch" now sean01 (legand :D) has it and im up for a few bits to repair that one... lol
ohwell i think bikes in general dont like me... i havent been back from rover park with a working bike as of yet:(

heeeey
thanks for the info
im going to get a fully reconditioned engine
and im doing my research if it is good
your awesome mate
Thanks Bundy

no such thing as a fully re-conditioned china engine unless the guy doing it has WAY too much money and not enough brains..... if it's old it's old and that's it, once it breaks it goes in the bin

My old atomik went well.
just took a few kicks to get it goin'.
But otherwise went pretty well.
ducar engine, are good.
have'nt had a lifan yet, so i cant say anything.
Thanks Bundy
Thrash them hard !!!!

DUCAR SH!TS ALL OVER LIFAN and when i bought my bike they said that ducar engines are made by the same company that make honda engines or ducar is owned by honda or somethink like that not really sure weather this is true tho

Latest posts

Back