Lifan 125cc vs ducar 125cc????

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I could join the debate. I have a lifan 125 that went hard for a couple of rides then started slipping in second and third gear. I was riding it around the yard last weekend and for some reason, the compression just disappeared. I tried adjusting the valve clearances following some awesome information I found on the site to no avail. I read in another thread that it might have something to do with the clutch in the engine? Does that sound right? I also have a 90cc Ducar that I brought last weekend that seemed fine when I took it for a lap around old mates yard in first, then when I got it home, it doesn't want to go into gear. I can hold the clutch in and jam it into gear occasionally, but sometimes it won't go in at all. When it does go in, I can ride then change into 2nd then 3rd then it gets stuck again and wont go into gear. Also, if I lean the bike over to the left, I can hear it and feal it trying to go into gear. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Both bikes are gumtree specials.

Last edited:
I wish I could join the debate. I have a lifan 125 that went hard for a couple of rides then started slipping in second and third gear. I was riding it around the yard last weekend and for some reason, the compression just disappeared. I tried adjusting the valve clearances following some awesome information I found on the site to no avail. I read in another thread that it might have something to do with the clutch in the engine? Does that sound right? I also have a 90cc Ducar that I brought last weekend that seemed fine when I took it for a lap around old mates yard in first, then when I got it home, it doesn't want to go into gear. I can hold the clutch in and jam it into gear occasionally, but sometimes it won't go in at all. When it does go in, I can ride then change into 2nd then 3rd then it gets stuck again and wont go into gear. Also, if I lean the bike over to the left, I can hear it and feal it trying to go into gear. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Both bikes are gumtree specials.

Sounds like a gearbox shimming issue....

125 sounds like clutch issues, if it feels like theres no compression when kicking it then the clutch is either slipping or stuffed.
On the 90, pull the clutch side cover off and see if the shift star is loose.

Latest posts

Back