Lifan 140 cam chain setup

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinyBB

Reaction score
Just reassembled Lifan 140 but not sure about the set up for the cam chain and how it goes around the tensioner wheel. Anyone know for sure. It just seems to sit in one spot with a bolt from the outside, can not see how it is adjustable etc. Does chain go either side or over top or both under etc?? Help! :confused:

Thanks for that, I set it nup that way as it appeared logical but it does not appear to do anything?? If I need to tension the chain to stop the rattle what do I do?

The wheel in the cylinder is just a guide roller, it's not the tensioner. There is a bolt in the bottom of the engine cases next to the drain plug, there is a spring and a floating piston behind the bolt that acts as the tensioner.

Is your cam chain loose after reassembling the engine? What was done to the engine?

New piston and rings, did not touch the valves rockers etc. Have got it started and the rattle subsided as the tensioner is hydraulic and needed to adjust it self I am now told. Although it runs I am not convinced it is timed exactly as it is back firing a lot and will not idle. Is the timing exactly to the one chain slot? Recently rebuild a YZ250F bottom end and piston, after reassembly fired up and ran perfectly first time, non of this mess around.

Latest posts

Back