lifan 140 gearbox broken

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyriako

Reaction score
heyy
i got the lifan 140 engine n 1 2 3 4 all up
was riding to day and the gears started to play up
i went to shift down and it went into neutral(dont think it was proper neutral)
it gets stuck and skips and wont changes gears proply and the gear drops out
by the way its a dhz outlaw

Last edited:
so what exactly is your problem you flog the crap out of it and expect no problems??? i dont know a heap about gearboxes but it sounds like you could have worn/bent gear selector fork? someone else correct me? i dont know how to fix it but if i were you i would just buy a lifan 150

yes it is you selector fork did the same thing to my old engine just cracked the case put a new 1 in good as new lot of stuffing around with all the shifter arms tho have to move all of it to get to the fork.

yer it would be the selector fork sometimes bent , but most times you will find that is has worn through the hard facing ,
sometimes it might be the dog gears on the 3rd gear cog ,
fixed my lifan by rewelding the dog gears to make them a bit longer , also re hard faced the shifter fork ,
Held up for ages ,
you can buy a whole new gear box assembly from dhz for $45.00 ,
not too sure where you can buy new selectors forks from though ,

if anyone knows where to buy from please let me know ,

another way of fixing the problem is too shim up 3rd gear so it actually locks into the dog gears a little more ,

lifan 125 and yx 140 all have the same selector shafts as the lifan 140 ,

and they are all interchangable with each other wether it be top selector or bottom selector forks as they can be reversed onto the selector drum ,
I am currently ordering a heap of selector forks and kick start gears ,
as these ARE THE COMMON THING THAT GOES WRONG WITH THE LIFAN 140 ,
they might not arrive for a while yet as the order is being put through next week sometime and then they have to come from the lifan factory
will keep ya posted as to when they arrive etc ,
Cheers Rick :)

Latest posts

Back