Lifan 140 kickstart problems

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frizn

Reaction score
i bought a orion pro series with a lifan 140 in it today off my mate at work for $300 runs smick but the kickstarter is stuffed it makes a horrible crunch noise like a gear jamming has anyone had the same problem before? and do they know what the best way is to fix it? it runs fine you just have to clutch start it....:confused:

Mayland Performance Spares
$80...LIFAN CRANKCASE
REPAIR KIT inc. 3 GEARS
g.box%20rep.jpg

You'd usually have to buy a new engine to fix that but just recently Ive seen kickstart gear replacment kits for lifan 140's on eBay for $100, look out for one of them, dont know if theres any for sale right now.

is it hard to put them in does any1 no? mine are fine but i figure they probly need replacing in the futer

Hi guys.
There is no need to replace the crankcase section shown in our pic unless you have cracked the existing one on your motor.
If it is only the gears needing replacing in your motor then the job is not out of the reach of Joe Average handy with a spanner and a pair of circlip pliers !

Ps .We also sell the kickstart gears as a seperate item ..Less the crankcase if needed !

Cheers Brian

That's great to know !!!!!! Maylands to the rescue ........ :)

do these kick start(idler) gears break because of incorrect kicking technique, ive heard and also seen people kicking these things like a 2 stroke, that may be the problem. i have a klx300 and broke my idler gear because the owners b4 me prob kicked it badly, i was the poor sucker who had to fix it, the klx is very picky and have to get it right, i kick my pitpro the same and starts and feels great.

you push the kickstart until you can't move it because of compression and then you give it one big hard kick and it should start.

Thanks alot ey dudes i ordered the gear today off mayland, so tomorrow night it should be runnin. i tell you wat i was getting sik of clutchin it specially when your in the middle of the bush! cheers....the gears wear 50 or 40 bucks and and the gasket set was $25...

Latest posts

Back