lifan 140cc atomik

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lifan140

Reaction score
umm hi guys i am new to the whole pit bike thing so a few questions, shuld my bike make a ringin rattle sound at high revvs, how can i improve its power n strength thanks.

its probably a loose bolt. check where you can adjust the clutch. if you want it to go faster get a nice mikuni carbie thats larger in size than the one you have now. change the oil every 5-10 hours. use high octane fuel. and you can get a inner rotor kit.

you can also get sprockets for quicker acceleration, top and bottom end power don't know how it goes but some one on here will tell you. use non-sysnthetic oil in your bike(i think its 15/40w or something some one will correct me) you should of locktite all your bolts before you ride (not the ones holding the motor togeather) to run in use alot of engine braking and don't rev to high for the first 3 tanks of fuel.

a bigger carby isn't always better........what size motor is it........a IRK or ORK will improve the snap and response of your engine but depending on your riding area, IRK and ORK's make it harder for hill climbs etc as they will just wanna wheel stand but you can still manage. but for say motard or MX they are a great mod......if you want more top end put a bigger sprocket on the front and smaller on the rear....if you want more bottom end put a smaller sprocket on the front and a bigger sprocket on the rear.

hope that helps a little

quick easy mods to do to make your bike zappy ,Inner rotor kit,or outer rotor kit ,this will make the fly wheel smaller and make the bike rev quicker much like a 2 stroke sort of ,this mod will cost you less than 100 bucks ,but you need a lil skill and you have to rewire your bike and remove the flywheel with a flywheel puller

thats first mod i would do ,second wich is easy and cheap take off your manifold of your carb and polish the inside of it make it nice and smooth and make your inlet in your head the same as well as where it bolts to the carbie ,the thing where doing here is called port matching the carb and manafold and head to get better flow all these things will improve airflow hence giveing a bit more H/P

if you just want more top speed put a larger sprocket on the front go up 1 tooth
and smaller on back go down 2 to 3 teeth
this will give more top end speed but be a bit bogish down low so you have to change the way you ride it a bit

or to get more zip of the line and out of corners do the opposite to the above

those are cheap and easy mods you can do if you can spin a spanner ,theres plenty of threads explaining all this in more detail

hope this helps and best of luck

Latest posts

Back