lifan 146cc no running right it cuts out when down gearing!!!!!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

146cc_outlaw

Reaction score
hey guys i and a 06 provert 146cc outlaw :D and i added an irk 2 weeks ago :rolleyes: since then i have ridden the bike a hand full of times and now when i take it out it plays up.:mad:
you can start the bike ok and it idles fine and takes off ok to but after riding it for 3-5 mins and you down gear to slow down it tends to cut out and lose power when giving it throttle but it will still idle ok if you pull in the clutch i have tried to play around with a carby and still no love i think it might be the jets or something it a mikuni 30mm what do you guys think i need options im out of ideas

this happens on my dhz 140 when in 4th gear and u need to change down its stalls then u gotta start it again clutch start while goin then its fine but its only goin from 4th to 3rd on my and not at all times only sumtime just keep the revs up when changing down

check the plug..for sure you running too fat!!
And where is your picup on the ignition??middle??Whats the distance between the pickup and the flywheel??

146cc outlaw

check the plug..for sure you running too fat!!
And where is your picup on the ignition??middle??Whats the distance between the pickup and the flywheel??

the pick up is retarted a bit where should it be and the dist is about 0.5mm and i have replaced the plug oh and by the way its not a 30mm its a 26mm genuine mikuni i had a play with the jets last night now it runs fine when gearing down but it now stalls when idling so it has to be jets what size do you guys recommend and do you think the exhaust has anything to do with my problem cos it has a little hole near the head its about 0.3mm

hey guys it was my jets i drilled my main jet to a 100 and my pilot jet to a 20 and it works fine now but i cant kick my bike over now i have to jump start it what would it be now

yeah i kick it and it just wont start so now i have to push start it bout sometimes it will kick over when its warm im thinking something is very wrong with the carb cos now it gos through a tank of gas every 25km's

Latest posts

Back