LIFAN 1P55FMJ Manual

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PICCOLO

Reaction score
Hey all i need a workshop manual or something for a lifan motor as its got no gears now.. It seems i fixed it to death :eek: O bother what to do i was putting in the lightend oil slinger got it in sweet as but when put it back together it wont select gears properly

lol seems my questions arent worth answering or something like that anyway i think i have fucked my new motor so i might just buy a new one what a barstard dont know why its not selecting gears now i didnt touch anything but the oil slinger

Hey piccolo, there are no workshop manuals. Honda 50 manual is as close as your gonna get. You must have done something strange to cause your problem. Just check out the action of the selection gear. You might have to remove the clutch to really sus it out.

Thanks M8 :) thats what i did and some how it had skipped a gear or something you know the star thing well the nut was loose on it aswell so once i figured out the way it worked i was all good thanks for the info anyway at least you replyed

Glad to hear ya fixed it. I think your Lifan knows you don't luv her...

lol maybe o well im going to give her a port next and what do you think about a HC piston with the lighted oil slinger and IRK ?? is it a good idea??

Depends on the bore size your thinking of whether or not you start to get any trouble. 140cc and over with high compression piston, inner rotor and lightened slinger, can start to cause some kickback problems, but if you've been around bikes for a while and know how to kick from TDC properly you'll be right. Also depends how you set the engine up. Cam selection has a lot to do with it as well as ignition timing.

Yeah its the new 1p55fmj motor but i was planing on stay the same size atm but i was alos maybe planing to put a cam in it but not sure what will fit will a jialing one fit?? and also i played a very little with the timing when i put the IRK in but it dident seem to make alot of diference but as i said i need to do some more testing i was out the frount of my house and its a main road coming into town

Oh ok a new 140. You can have your stock cam hardwelded and reground to your spec or you can order new cams from overseas. These cams are the long import style. Most jailing are too short. Honda cams can also be used with some tweaking.

Hmm ok well thanks alot for your info do you know where to get these cams from or who would hardweld and regrind them ?? If i was to find someone to do it do you know specs?? im new to cam grinds how do i know what i want ?? more punch is always good because i weigh 95kg so the poor girl is knowing im on her :)

Akunar

G'day, I just brought a high lift cam for lifan big valve head from akuna.com in thailand, at a great price. It is huge 6.9ml lift. Looks like I need to change the valve springs as valves are slightly open at top dead centre.
Good luck.

Yeah right thats sweet as i was looking at there site today are they good to deal with ?? im not sure but if the valve is open a tdc i dont think bigger springs is going to help but i could be wrong as far as i know tdc means the valves arent being opend by the cam so if there opening at tdc you have the wrong cam I think But then again i dont realy know for sure but in anycase you shouldnt need longer springs just heavyer ones with more spring tension Anyways keep me informed as im keen to here about your mode

Akunar cams and springs are one option. Honda cams are another.
Your own grind is very technically challenging to work out. You would need to understand camshaft theory very well to get results better than an off the shelf cam. For the Lifan, the Z40 and the Takagawa R20 are pretty good race cams. You will need new springs and have to check your clearances.

When you say honda cams do you mean crf50 cams?? would they have enough lift?? what sort of honda cams are you talking about??

Yeah, they've got a heck of a lot more lift than you have now. And duration. And overlap. The Z40 and Takagawa R20 are aftermarket cams for high performance motors that run a honda style cam. Which these can and do. You will need to run a high compression piston as well. Akunar has a cam for this engine as well but I have heard from some guys testing them OS that they are poop. I'd say they are still better than a G2 crower though just going off the lift specs.

Instead of creating a new topic, the inlet and exhaust valves... What is the recommended valve clearance for the two? And is it as straight forward as doing it in the BBR video "How to adjust your valves on a crf50" mms://media.bbrmotorsports.com/How_To/Windows/CRF50_ValveAdj_Win.wmv
And where can I get a feeler gauge? Probably at a car accessory store eg. super cheap auto?

Yes it is, and the clearance is .002 of an inch for inlet and .003 for exhaust.

and yes any auto store for gauges...

Latest posts

Back