Lifan and Ducar

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pieman

Reaction score
Hows it going, I NEED HELP !!!!

i have been doing some research and reading past posts before doing one of my own seeing if i could find the answer but it just confused my more, so here i go.
Some posts say that the Lifan 125 isnt as good as the Ducar 125 but then another post sayed that the 140 Lifan is better than the Ducar 140, so whats up with that.
And what i am at is that i want to buy a pitbike and have been studying the Pitpro 140 and ProX 140 now both are Lifan 140, priced the same roughly and have the same specs, so does it just come down to personal preference or is there a clear better bike. Or do i look at the 125's if so Ducar or Lifan.

Thanks for your help

pie dude

i have both bikes in a 140 lifan

pitpro hands down a better bike

cheers

Thanks mate, Hope you dont mind me asking but what makes you prefer the Pitpro over the ProX

lifan is probably more reliable then ducar.

it all boils downt to how u ride and how u maintain ur bike
i can flog most lifans up here but that could just be the people riding the bikes
also i raced 1 of these lifan 140's and ive gotta say the guy didnt have much bottom end but he smashed me at the top of his rev range

thanks for the replies, but one more thing is that how come people swear by the Lifans 140 but when it comes to 125 they swear by Ducar. Also whats the go with the Atomik Nitrous does any one have any info on that eg, reliability, performance.

Cheers fellas

alot of people dont swear by ducar actually
i myself went for the ducar as my local dealer was saying the gears inside were bigger but after i bought it alot of people said they were good gears but made of the wrong material but mine goes fine i flog it im 78 kg and it runs like new

Out of my m8s who have pitty only problem we had was with the gearboxes it seem to be the gear box that let all pit bikes engine down. bikes get thrashed day in n out n still start first kick. But the lifan does have a stronger box compared to the ducar from experience.

ive heard that ducars are just as good as lifans you just gotta maintain them right

Had my Ducar (silver) for 12 months now (its in my custom built bike now), used atleast twice every week, 12 months on and its been perfect, not one single problem, and not once has it let me down by not starting etc,

And its still running exactly the same now as it did the first week i got it,

Me personally i think Lifans are so overated, friends lifans are always breaking down and leaving them stranded for the day, and the amount of gearboxes ive seem stuffed from lifans is getting rediculous, esp the 140cc's,

3 friends have 140cc Lifan, and all 3 have broken the kickstart gear!

i have had my ducar for 2 years now (neally anyway) and havnt had a problem.
but i think they are as good as each other.
some have problems and some dont, either way you dont know what you get from china, there all based the same but not the same

yer people rate ducars when they get a dud of an engine but this happens with lifans too

Main thing is , the 140 Lifan is a complete different engine ...four up gearbox 59mm stroke, oiltabs from the main oilstream......its very much more advanced than the dukar!!

Lifan engines have always been the highest quality built engine until Jialing (GPX) Came along, the Lifan and Jialing are very Similar now.. The Lifans main problem was the 1D3U gearbox which had alot of false neutral problems, you can either fix that with a Shift Star Kit from SDG or Installing a 4UP Kit. Once this is fixed the Lifan is tuff as. the Lifan 120 "Monster' came out a few years back and that was the Best thing going, Its what the 140cc is based on too. 27/23mm BVH, Rated 8HP, Start any gear... All the other engines were 7HP. Then Zongshen came along and maid basically the same engine, with the Zongshen badge.

Jialing and Lifan are the best Chinky donks on the market in my opinion. I used to buy alot of things from china and even the blokes over there said Loncin and Ducar were the lowest quality built and had the most problems, followed by Zongshen and Lifan (Jialing wasn't around back then). Maybe the Lifans Stuff Up cause there just getting alot more of a floggin, cause they can give it ? :)

The performance is great on my lifan but Ive destroyed 2 lifan engines (broken gearbox) and Im on my 3rd one, I just wish they had stronger gearboxes.

Thanks for all the replies fellas, it has helped so much

So the reccomendations are to get a bike with a all up gearbox in the lifans

sorry but the last post fellas, didnt say it right

what would be your opinion on these bikes,
ProX125 (ducar) or ProX140 (Lifan) - both run on the gearbox of 1 down and 3 up

just my 2 cents. i have the 06 prox 125 ducar, its preety good has guts. just sometimes i get false neutrals which are annoying.

apart from that their a good bike :)

dont know about the 140 though it looks preety sweet

Lifan shits all over Ducar from my expierience. I only use Lifans in my chinga bikes. I've ridden alot of different model chinga bikes with both ducar and Lifan engines, 125 and 140. Ducars require alot more tuning to get close to a stock lifan. I can vouch for the lifans reliability, especially the base model 125cc as it has taken a heap of punishment from me and others straight out of the box. I never ran it in, and I even left that shitty chinga oil in it for a long time before I changed it. That engine is still running like new after atleast 6 months of thrashing by numerous people 80kgs+.

Latest posts

Back