Lifan ork machine to fit Yx

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deacon fmxer

Reaction score
I'm putting a lifan ork in my Yx and not shore where about on the backing plate it needs to be machined, is it the outer edge 3mm? But I dnt see how that is possible as there is a big o ring around it.

Here's some pics
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346392410.613184.jpgfront
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346392448.918817.jpgside
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346392521.278817.jpgBack

I'm so confused where exactly material has to be taken off.
I don't want to go get it machined off the wrong spot.

I'm thinkin it might be on the first pic, where the bolt holes are, we're you slide the stator around on?

I'm thinkin it might be on the first pic, where the bolt holes are, we're you slide the stator around on?

Yes that's correct, where the bolt holes go. The stator plate needs to sit deeper into the mounting plate.

Well I fitted the lifan ork. It will fire and run for a couple seconds then die. Check plug and it's wet. Is this the ork? Or is my carb playin up?? It's always been crap on cold starts but now I can't get it to run. Carb is the oko 26mm and was running fine before.

Unless the carb has all of a sudden died.

Help please.

Make sure the nut hasn't fallen off the stator (I managed to do this to mine, which gave me similar problems) check your earth on your coil(if you changed it) also make sure the timing adjustment is set to somewhere near the centre to start with.

Got fair pissed at it, so I swapped it over to the old one to see if it was the ork, old one back on and bam! Fired up and idle fine. So sumthing is up with the Daytona ork. Earth and all was gd because it had awesome spark with the Daytona one fitted. Like I said it fired up then died. Should I have to re jet the carb for the daytona ork?

Hmmm, NFI. Shouldn't require a re-jet just to run (probly not a bad idea afterwards though) did you change the coil too?

yeah strange. just got a takegawa coil, had it on before i put the daytona ork on. all it kept doin is wetting the plug. really cbf anymore lol

Latest posts

Back