Lifan owners

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PICCOLO

Reaction score
Tell me people what did your oil look like after the first oil change i got my bike changed the oil to some good stuff then rode it for 2 hours maybe then put in my lightend oil slinger and when i drained the oil it looked so metalic i have been riding bikes for years and never have i seen oil look this bad b4
So guys is this the common thing or what???

The oil that came in the bike was like this on my lifan but after that I changed the oil quite often and it never got to that state again.

it could be coz it was brand new and the gaskets and seals werent properly sealed mine was the same

That would be because it's a brand new engine. All the metal shavings is nothing to worry about, it's mainly from the engine wearing in.

yeah it wasnt full of bits of metal just full metalic like gun metal grey paint. I been riding bikes for 14 year and never seen oil look like this befor even from new bikes but i never had a china engine b4 o well thanks guys

Last edited:
Hey, the oil would probable be run-in oil, which is a slightly thicker viscosity and colour, made to catch all that shit coming from imperfections inside from manufacture.
It should be changed after the first tank of juice. If not sooner..

Yeah i Just did an oil change on my New lifan And the oil had that same gunmetal colour you speak of !! China Quality HA

Latest posts

Back