Lifan Tranny

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mack

Reaction score
I was wondering how many of you guys with Lifan 125's compared to those with 120's or the new 127's or 138's are having problems with missed shifts or false neutrals. Also kickstarter problems?

False "N" problems are common with the 1d 3up tranny's but its a user fault i believe... I have a Jailing 125cc 1d3up (which is the stock motor on 05 thumpystars) Yes ive had false N but few and far between, and mainly because it didn't engage the gear properly i believe... but people will always blam it on the china motor... not there own riding skills .

Ive missed many a gear on my mates raptor but never blammed the Yammy..

true, alot of people have a tendancy to slam the gears down coming hard into a corner just to roll past because the motor isnt slowing them down hahaha. some of the time i do believe it is a tranny problem but very seldom (1 in every 100)

I don't have problems myself, I am wondering how the newer motors in Australia are going. The US seems to have got a bad batch of so called 120's about a year ago. But there doesn't seem to be any complaints in Aus. Unless no-one is saying anything? So comes the question.

my 120 all up bottom end has not had any problems, but my 125 1 down 3 up has a problem with 3rd to 2nd shift

mine is the same when im too aggressive. 3rd to 2nd if i downshift hard it will pass 2nd and into neutral but other than that its reasonable.

my old bike had a 120cc all up, never had the slightest problem, mate also had the same and he never had a drama either.

when i got my thumpstar i though it did it, you/i just need to get use of the gears because they are much closer than say a kx85

Just got a 138 and was turning the engine with the kick starter by hand. And when engaging it it felt like it would sorta engage then miss a tooth and then engage fully. This happened twice and its a brand new engine, might be nothing but its all i got about these engines so far ;-)

ive found the clonk is normal for the pit bikes well the few we had done this even with the clutch perfectly adjusted but me hummer has a silky smooth clutch and gearbox and thats a chinese motor

Just got a 138 and was turning the engine with the kick starter by hand. And when engaging it it felt like it would sorta engage then miss a tooth and then engage fully. This happened twice and its a brand new engine, might be nothing but its all i got about these engines so far ;-)

Sounds normal, just changing from compression stroke to non compression stroke.

i find it hard to find neutral most of the time and every now an then the kicker plays up a bit sort of like it is not turnin anything .......... but i got used to it and for the fun factor i live with it,,,,,,, in a 1d 3^ lifan 125

Yeah I have seen this on more than one of the 125's.

cranga the piston was stationary it just feels a bit weird engaging the starts, i imagine it wouldnt be noticeable when kicking it and im sure it will 'wear in' soon as i get the chance :)

Latest posts

Back