LIFAN TRANSMISIONS Who's having Problems

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini Me Racing 38

Reaction score
Hey,
I did a search and didn't come up with much So is anyone Having Mis-Shift Problems? Such as jumping into Neutral when shifting down from 3rd to 2nd?

If so Here are a few Fixes instead of giving up:

Honda TRX-90 shift drum ( all up 4 shift drum)

Call SDG and Ask for there Upgrade "Shift Fix" Comes with a New Reconfiqured Shift star and Heavier Detent spring ($30.00 US)

Some Guys are swaring by either or and Both installed. So some of you guys are aware that this has been a problem for years now with Lifan Transmisions due to Poor Tooling and Lousy Tollerances.

Good Luck hope this helps out

Well if its a lifan 1n234 thats means its the old lifan engine isnt it???
Because lifan makes the new n1234 gear box in there bikes so we dont have the N slip like there used to be on the old thumpstars etc.

If i had the old gear box i would invest in the new lifan 140cc for only 300$ i think it is, then this fixes the N slip and the 140cc is alot better to upgrade and will give you the extra kick for only a few hundred dollars.

But thats me i spose.

This is a good idea though. I can remember riding my mates 04 thumpstar and that was shocking, you would be riding your absolute hardest to try win something then all of a sudden you would be revving out in N, it sucked.

yes the lifan trany's have had many problems! MOjo aust. Have replaced a ton of them free of charge coz they are so bad

The shift pattern is not a old and new pattern. They stil make a 1N234 and a N1234 it just depends on how the bike supplier orders them from Lifan. A quick look at Ebay and suppliers will show that you can buy either type. However most people just seem to get the N1234 to save any problems

The shift pattern is not a old and new pattern. They stil make a 1N234 and a N1234 it just depends on how the bike supplier orders them from Lifan. A quick look at Ebay and suppliers will show that you can buy either type. However most people just seem to get the N1234 to save any problems

Correct,
the all up Lifan is the newer one thats just starting to hit the States. I unfortunitly have a Brand new 2006 Lifan 120cc sitting in my shop with 1 hour total on it with Shifting problems. It happens to be the Second Replacement motor out of a 2006 SikkMx 125xl that had the same problem

ive got the lifan N1234 engine and got no probs:D

Latest posts

Back