lifan transplant into postie bike ct110

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frame alterations

When I did my Postie I did not need to cut or weld anything or drill out the motor mounts. I just used bushings and used bolts to match the engine mounts of the lifan. At the back I drilled an extra hole on each side and bolted in a flat bracket to bring the motor mount forward. Result is that the frame is unaltered aside from the two holes. Engine is unaltered also. I used the orginial honda manifold as it sits flatter than the one that came with my 125cc lifan.

Cheers man good work i'm researchin about a Lifan 140cc transplant glad I found this ay

Do ya have the link to the american site cause I don't have a welder

I am currently in the process of putting a 140cc lifan in my 96 postie. I haven't looked at the electrical side of it yet, but any pointers to how to wire it up, keeping the use of all the lights, would be muchly appreciated! Thanks. Nick

Hello all First post from California. I built a '74 trial 90 with a Lifan 140 oil cooled engine. Upgraded to 12v, led tail light is kind of cool. Engine and parts came from DRAtv. She goes pretty good top end is 50mph or about 85kph with loads of bottom torque. The bike is used for a commuting on our dirt and bumpy back roads and does good at absorbing the bumps. I'm looking for a bit more top end. The engine is stock with a big gun evo oversized exhaust, 17t front sprocket and a heavy duty clutch.

Attachments

• back.jpg
    back.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 16
  • engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 24
  • Left.jpg
    Left.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 18
  • right.jpg
    right.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 12
I also have a Lifan 140 on a CT90 but I used a 40 tooth rear sprocket from one of the old pre 1967 CTs that had the big sprocket that fit over the smaller one instead of the dual range gearbox. The mounting holes and everything lines up perfectly. That lets you use a 15/16/17 tooth front sprocket for your choice of gearing. I prefer the 16/40 ratio because the 17/40 is a bit too high for a heavy guy at high altitude. It'll do about 60 with that ratio and a 2.75-17 rear tire.

Hello all First post from California. I built a '74 trial 90 with a Lifan 140 oil cooled engine. Upgraded to 12v, led tail light is kind of cool. Engine and parts came from DRAtv. She goes pretty good top end is 50mph or about 85kph with loads of bottom torque. The bike is used for a commuting on our dirt and bumpy back roads and does good at absorbing the bumps. I'm looking for a bit more top end. The engine is stock with a big gun evo oversized exhaust, 17t front sprocket and a heavy duty clutch.

Latest posts

Back