Lifan vs. Everything Else

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tubes380

Reaction score
was just reading on thumpertalk that lifan engines are crap and not worth a pinch of salt

however everyone else was talking up the gpx engines

wot does everybody else think/run in their pittys and wot problems have people had with the lifan engines that make them so "crap"

Ducar

I have a Ducar and its a nice engine, it seems though the preferred engine is the Lifan and most people report having better performance with them.

yeh but the forum i was looking at was saying how lifan was crap, they didnt even mention ducar, and how gpx was a great engine

anyone run a gpx or know who has and at what price?

GPX is Jialing......Jialing is Honda. They are very expensive compared to the Lifan and have no real performance advantage but they are reliable and strong.

i am running a gpx at the moment (i am running a gt / pitster) the motor is strong but for the price that your going to pay for one of them your much better off going with a lifan, if you dont mind forking out like $700+ for your motor then go for the gpx, otherwise the lifan for $300 is the way to go and you got $400 to spend on any upgrades you like. personally i have not had one problem with my motor and i thrash the bike. once again i do maintain it as much as i can so its definatly looked after as well.

GPX is Jialing......Jialing is Honda.

Uhhh No. Jialing is NOT Honda. Whilst there may be some degree of technology sharing / trickledown tech between the two companies, thats where it ends.

Both the GPX and Lifan are Chinese motors as we all know. The GPX is more popular in the USA market due to the fact that a large number of the bikes they have over there Pitster etc.. come standard with a GPX fitted. Because there is such a large number of these engines in the US, there is much greater `off the shelf' preformance kits for them from TBolt, AHP etc..

Both the Lifan and the GPX are good engines. The head is the weak area of the GPX with small valve sizes and there are now many in the US using a Lifan BV head on a GPX bottom end since the stud spacing is the same.

It all comes down to what you intend to do with the motor (build wise) and how much maintance you will give it. At the end of the day, if you rag on either motor all day long and never change the oil, clean the air filter etc.. then they'll both die a premature death.

so lifan is just as good as gpx in performance and quality?

Latest posts

Back