lifan wont spark

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stokesey54

Reaction score
Hi,
Ive got hold of a lifan civet 70 dirt bike. It has not been used for about 4 years it has been out side in all weathers.
When i go to kick it over there is no spark when it is switched on.The only time i do get a spark is when the kill switch is half on half off, I have purchased new parts for the bike and cleaned it up but still no luck with it.
If any one can help me please let me know thanks!!

I have tryed with out the kill switch and nothing happens ive tryed with a normal switch still nothing.

its arking out somewhere.

sounds long and hastling i know, but go through your wires and search for a stripped or earthed wire.

buy the sounds of what this bike has been through, your going to have even more problems, so its probably worth stripping it down and going through everything.

ive put a new kill switch, new coil and a new stator plate magneto on the bike and still wont spark

put your finger over the lead end and try and kick start it and if u get zaped its all good

ive got it to spark now but wont run not sure if the timeing is out
You are using a new spark plug right? Double check what you did on the flywheel side. You said not run for 4 yrs, so I assume you've put fresh fuel in the tank, and taken the bowl off the carb and cleaned/checked the bowl pickup and the jets. Always kick from TDC. Some carbs like a little throttle open when you kick. My OKO26 always loves 1/4 open when I kick start it.

Ive had the timing look at and it fine .It got fresh fuel in the tank and taken the bowl off the carb and cleaned ect. All is needs now is a new C.D.I and it will start thanks for the reply.

No probs. You're welcome. You might want to keep in mind that an earthing problem can cause CDI failure. So if your next CDI dies, then ... you know what to look for ;)

Hi mate i have brand new racing CDI's for 50cc, 70cc, 90cc, 110cc, 125cc, 140cc and 150cc let me know if you want any.
thanks

ive got the bike working now when i get in to 2nd gear there is noise coming from the engine like it grinding but when i get in to 3rd it gone.could it be that 2nd gear is on it way out? is it easy to replace the gears on the bike?

Latest posts

Back