Liflan 125 Dead

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snowno24

Reaction score
hey guys!

so about a month again I was riding along the shore of my friends lake and a rock popped up and hit the engine housing/ or the chain was the culprit of the issue by popping off and breaking the housing... I'm not sure what this housing or piece that is broken is called but once I took off the chain guard cover I discovered that there is a magnetic with two wires coming out of it just hanging the... this has happen to me once before and I didn't even bother to fix it and just bought a new engine (which is this Liflan)... is this part fixable or possible to rig up to still use the bike... I'm not sure if I want to throw another 200 bucks into a new engine for a crappy SSR frame! Thanks for any input guys!

Below is a picture of the magnetic type thing that is not attached anymore, it has "12V" written on the side of it.

rusyge2a.jpg

Life is a garden... Dig it!

hey mate. you have broken the pick up off your stator plate. you can buy a new stator from any pit bike shop. just be sure to get one for a kick start engine. if you search this site you will find a how to replace your stator tutorial, it will be a lot cheaper than buying a new engine. get on it and get riding again.

Hman is correct, the magneto has broken from the chain hitting it, and like he said you are chasing a 110-125 kickstart stator, you will need a tool to remove the magneto and then an impact screwdriver to remove the screws holding the stator plate to the engine, or take it to ya local pitbike mechanic if you are not confident with the repair.

okay, thank you guys for such a speedy response! what exactly is the part called that I need to replace?

Life is a garden... Dig it!

i had the exact same thing happen to me, i thought i needed a new engine vut it was easily fixed, you need a new stator :)

Its a 110-125 kick start magneto stator for pitbike

Latest posts

Back