Lightening a clutch

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sidney

Reaction score
Yo doods

I'm wondering how I can i make my clutch a lot easier to pull in. I want to be able to do it with 1 finger pretty easily. I can kinda do it with one finger but it hurts after a while because I struggle to pull it in.

Is there any way to lighten up my clutch a lot?

mines tight to but i think its better that way but if u wanted to make it looser try adjusting the cable.

Get a squash ball and squeeze the crap out of it with that finger 50 times every day for a month would be the best way to solve your problem.

Have you tried a bit of lube on the cable? that can make a big diference, adjusting the cable wont make it softer to squeeze.

You could also move the lever inboard so that you have a bit more leverage (ie grab the lever near the tip) or do all of the above.

Possibly a hydraulic clutch might help but you woud be best to check with somebody who has one as I dont think that they are much good.

yeh

go the hydraulic clutch..

cassa38a - who have u heard of thats said their shit ?

I plan on getting one soon, (quiet cheap as its direct from the factory) - Im only getting it for the ease of being able to stand up on my pitty and drop the clutch with one finger to mono.. My wrists nearly feel like their guna break at the end of the day from mono's and holding on so damn tight..

I read it on here that they are not all they are cracked up to be, that is why i thought he should check with somebody who has one.

If anybody out there actually has got one post up and let us know the pros and cons.

When you get yours you can let us know how much difference it makes.

the hydraulic ones that replace the cable clutches arent bad but you can get a cable clutch to have a lighter pull by lubing it with graphite cable lube. silkolene makes it,
for the lightest pull you need to get a hydraulic clutch that replaces the whole side cover that actuates through the hydraulics,

the reason the cable replacing ones arent as soft a pull is because you still have the lever actuater on the engine
hope this makes sense dont know how to explain it any better

for your cable clutch get some graphite lube and do what cass said and move the perch closer to the centre of the bike so you get more leverage.

i was talkign to bloke in bike shop he said everyone in US uses cable hydrolic are hard to install tryin gto keep away from motor.

Yes lube up the cable and the lever and it will make a world of difference.

yeah if u adjust it to much it may stuff it as in when ur riding and pull the clutch in all they way it might night go in enough to make the gears smoth if u know what i mean lol...

Latest posts

Back