lighting coils/ flywheels

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

headsmess

Miniriders OG
Reaction score
right, after numerous threads lately i thought id put this up...

image036z.jpg

this is one type of flywheel and the associated coils...if you dont have the lower coil, with the 2 yellow or a yellow and white wire, you cant run a headlight

fitted to lifan 125/ 140 etc

image037h.jpg

this is the other type of magneto setup, and uses the darker style flywheels with no slots. it is capable of a higher current draw, so more suited to the use of headlights.

fitted to a lifan 140, maybe others...who knows? not me:)

the flywheels are not interchangeable...they will fit, sure...but if you really want to try it, dont blame me when your cdi gets fried.... something to do with voltage pulses and timing...dont ask me. all im saying is they wont work if you swap them around.

Last edited:
nice headsmess, I'll post a pic of mine tomorrow so people can see what it's looks like to not be able to run lights :p

just wondering though, the second flywheel is a fair bit lighter than the first. how do you think it would go replacing the heavy one with the light one on a 140? (and the stator of course)
you think it'd rev a bit quicker?

and see the top right corner of the second pic, what is that thing? I'm guessing a thermostat?

mmmm, theyre about the same weight within a few grams....

um...the gold thingy on the engine? just the neutral switch clip doodad... if thats what youre referring to... all i can see...and a lil gclamp in the first one:)

um...the gold thingy on the engine? just the neutral switch clip doodad.

that's it, could you elaborate a bit? just wondering what it's purpose is? my stator didn't have one but the engine has a spot for it

the neutral indicator... you should at least have a plug over it...you wouldnt have the wire to it cause you dont have a lighting circuit, so it would be...surplus to requirements...

but if it doesnt have at least a cap over it to stop the grit...wtf?:eek: but the gold bit is just a tag to make sure it stays put:)

yep it has a cap, all good

If your stator looks like this you can't run lights
img0267l.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back