Like button ?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Georgalis

Miniriders OG
Reaction score
What are peoples thoughts on the like button ?

If someone hits the like button on a post of yours you should receive a message saying
" 1 new like received"
This message would be in the same place when you receive a new private message

another example , If I were to ask a question & Hillz was to answer it , I could hit the like button on Hillz answer

You could have a function where you see likes given & likes received

I liked before how it showed in the post what members had hit the like button your post

I personally dig the like button function , I think there are some great posts from members who don't get any comments even though the reader have liked the post.
I think it would create more interaction for members & give the members who do post some sort of recognition for their efforts.

What do ya's think ?

The only problem with the like button is that when it's on it means people will not post replies at all. They will just like it and move on.

All comes down to which do you think is better to like or someone taking the time to actually post?

Second problem is that currently we cannot even physically enable likes. This all links back to the blank pages coming up for users. The plugin used for like is the same and everytime I switch it on half the users cannot view some threads. We are working on the though.

You cannot have likes notify people like PM's. Just not possible. The only way you know is if you go into the threads and check.

Interested to see what other people think.

This has big positive implications on our Google rankings as well which helps generate a bit more income for the site.

Why not just use the Rep button at the bottom of the post? How different is it to a like button? (I dont have bookface so i'm honestly not to sure how it's supposed to work)

Im not refering to a facebook like function
I do use the rep function aswell , but you have to check that to see if you have received any
The like button I have seen on a forum & thats how it works on that site
I just thought it was pretty cool that you get a notice pop up when you log in that says
"1 new like received"
We seem to have the same people who post on threads , and really there are some good threads who dont really get many posts
I was hoping that a like function would increase activity ?

i like the like button on another forum sometime a reply isnt needed your more liking a comment that someone else has made .. which is pretty much what you would have posted anyways

i did like the like button
i think if people are going to post a comment on a thread the like button wont stop them. remembering the whole point of a forum is discussion.
the like system we had needed to add to reputation i think getting likes for good posts needs to be worth while. it will certainly make giving rep and recognition for the good work that goes on around here much quicker and will make it more prominent for the user and it will get used a lot more than the current system.
and as you say baz a hits a hit!

keep your eye out for a good like add on for vb baz there's gotta be something out there

Ive always been for the like button .

I dont really have the time , or feel the need to reply to much these days , but i still read up here and there and would use the like system alot..

ahhh the motor is still to get on the dyno
I just threw an 88 motor in it so I can get out there this weekend , I cant wait any longer , I'll most likely crash my brains out hitting gaps after so long off haha

Dude if you hit some of peckas gaps wear protection!! Lol

Would be like 3rd pinned on an 88!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back