Little Pocket Bikes

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alwayscurious

Reaction score
Hi - Some of you were following the thread where my 8year old and I were rebuilding at 125 Orion. That was great but too scary for him.

So we ended up getting a few of these 49cc pocket bike things.

Question: how to make em go just a BIT faster??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcR__wCG4Mg

They're fine around the backyard but the boys probably want them to go a BIT faster when we're out on the flat.

Any thoughts?

dont fit them with those nitrous kits as they are a dry system and a dry system on a 2 stroke is just stupid. as soon as the nitrous is injected, the air fuel mixture is leaned right out and there is a massive increase in the chance of blowing it.

^^What he said!^^

I'd suggest having a look at some pocket bike sites, they'll have some pretty good info I imagine ;)

Alternatively, I'd imagine if you chuck them in the bin they'll go pretty fast in the back of a garbage truck...

Hey, where in Brisbane do you live?

There are some things you can do like getting the clutch settings right and sorting out the drive line and bearings that actually make quite a difference.

-fiberglass reeds
-jetpro or fatboy pipe
-big bore kit
-full circle crank
-larger carby
-pmt tyres

or if you know much about engines and dont want to spend any money, you could do some porting and polishing.
cheers

cool fun in the back yard , but i wouldnt want to my kids to go very fast on 1 of those , keep an eye on the frame

as above the frames are not the best

apart from that a good clutch and springs
and get the carbys set right

i have one for my little girl and with a bit of work it now pulls my fat ass
and when left to wind out it moves

Thanks guys. this was an old thread - there was some good comments in here. I did some of the things above, changed clutch, adjusted carby (with fibreglass reeds) and it went a bit faster. But they are pretty junky! Lots of repairs. :)

I ended up buying a small pit bike (4 stroke) for the middle son. Youngest is still riding the 2 stroke and it's fast enough cause he is really light. :)

Latest posts

Back