loctite

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
any type really, loctite / threadlocker , anything is better then nothing!! but as for different brands and types there couldnt be to much difference.

if your using the brand LOCTITE. i use BLUE (they're coulor coded) or RED for things you dont want undo in the near future.

yeah red is the strongest followed by blue. I prefer the red as it doesnt need much to give a strong hold

So blue if its a bolt that i may need to take off in the future (eg break lever if it snaps)...?

and red if theres next to NO chance of changing it...?\

Also what number codes are these..?

yeah basically you can still undo red loctite it just holds stronger than blue . what do you mean by # codes

like on the red bottles that ive seen theve got on them "234" "222" and shi^ like that

if you ever get stuck with a bolt you have loctited and its hard to get loose, just get a soldering iron and place it on the bolt to heat it up. it will release the locktite and be easy as.

no...... i soldering iron just gets hot enough to melt solder it wont melt the bolt

ok i sell loctite where i work and all you will need to use on ya bike for bolts is......222 or 243 these to are a medium strength thread locker if you want high strength you need to use 271.....if you need something for high temp use 272 i use that on exhaust mounts etc.....but all you really need is the 222 or 243 they will be fine

Latest posts

Back